Flame This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I watch this flame pass
from match to wick,
gently stepping over
a great divide.
This flame and I
are not so different:
it comes into being from nothingness;
it eats and grows, smokes, and rests.
It gets angry,
destroys homes,
consumes flesh.
Sated, it becomes calm,
retreats into coals,
smoldering through the night.
Domesticated
by a piece of string,
it makes its home in a cave of wax.
It chases the shadows away
and stands watch through the night.
It sways
and dances in the darkness
before it is extinguished
in the blink
of an eye.

ripvansprinkleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:56 am
I love the idea of a flame being "domesticated." Beautifully structured and incredibly well-written! I would love your feedback on my poem "Sunburst" if you get the chance!

kaylalynn84This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 31 at 9:11 pm
Masterfully crafted. It is the longed for disturbance in a monotonous sea of poetry.

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 31 at 6:01 pm
sad, but worded in a beautiful way

dpurdyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 9 at 12:14 pm
wow its great

May 9 at 12:14 pm
this is gorgeous

niciolahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 26 at 11:02 pm
This is gorgeous. I love poetry about fire. Stunning.

marie.trisha said...
Feb. 11 at 3:39 pm
help me plx help help plz help me me me

Dream_Bar22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 20 at 11:26 am
WOW......This is wow...

unicornic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 20 at 3:37 am
wow! this is amazing!

MassachusettsloverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 29, 2015 at 7:01 am
good good!!

dpowell3543This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I understand.

Darius_NoblesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 10, 2015 at 11:33 am
TeenInk.com/users/Darius_Nobles Please good check out my writing and leave constructive comments. Thank You

WHYSOSERIOUS said...
Amazing.yeah i know that feeling too i think everyone understands at least a little bit of that feeling

jasmineosh said...
This is amazing, congratulations on getting it posted in the magazine, you have true talent. :)

Anyacook4 said...
May 23, 2015 at 4:26 am
please can you have a look at my account if you have a chance. Would love for people to comment and give it a rate! :) Excellent poem by the way!

jaygatsbycastillo said...
Yeah I know exactly how that feels... sometimes you feel you're shining bright and the next moment your flame goes out with just one breath of air!

Nelly_NellThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1, 2015 at 12:10 am
This is an amazing poem i love the way it was written.

joshaughnessy said...
This is so beautiful and you are so talented!

Amanda I. said...
Apr. 9, 2015 at 10:17 am
This is so beautifully written. I wrote something similar two years ago and this honestly reminds me of myself. Continue writing, don't let that fire burn out.

joebro said...
Feb. 24, 2015 at 11:42 am
omg this is the best poem I have ever read on this site so far.. im really lost for words, I would really love it if you check out some of my stuff