An ode to words I don’t say This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

“I’m not going to begin with introductions because I don’t like my age.”
“It reminds me of how old I am.”
“When do you become old? – I was thirteen.”
“Who made this bus yours?”
“Don’t ‘f*** school’ it’s unsafe.”
“I’m broken.”
“I do mind, actually.”
“Sorry.”
“You broke me.”
“I don’t want to grow up.”
“I’m clever.”
“What’s the point in learning to find the area under a curved line graph?”
“Do I know you?”
“I’m scared.”
“I’m scarred.”
“Why don’t facts make sense?”
“How are 21% of teens obese when I know more people with anorexia than obesity?”
“Why is the colour blue attractive?”
“Are you actually qualified to teach history?”
“Or anything?”
“I didn’t think so.”
“I prefer books that hurt me.”
“I tell lies.”
“Very well.”
“Am I a bad person?”
“I have never revised in my life.”
“I’m screwed.”
“I’m glad you have such misplaced faith in me.”
“Stop dying your hair.”
“We were best friends aged 7, remember.”
“You do remember – you just don’t like remembering.”
“I’m scared of dying.”
“And of living.”
“My sides are splitting.”
“I hate my own sarcasm”
“I love you mum.”
“And you.”
“And you.”
In fact,
Now I come to think about it,
All my poems are just the words I don’t say.

Z.V.OksanaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 13 at 4:58 pm:
This is wonderful! Very, very unique. Great job!

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 14 at 2:33 am :
Thanks very much :)

PaperArmageddonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 4 at 6:11 pm:
Wow, it's really awesome how many emotions are in this one poem! I was laughing at one line because it was so relatable, then smiling sadly at the next because of how true it was. I love the whole idea of this piece, too -- I use poetry to express what I can't say out loud or put into a story anywhere. Somehow it's easier to speak that way.

May 5 at 1:06 pm :
Thanks, I'm always happy to read your comments :) I just find that when I have things I want/need to say it is far easier to write them than to say them aloud... I'm glad you could relate :D