Phantom Heart | Teen Ink

Phantom Heart

By Mario94 GOLD, Secaucus, New Jersey
Mario94 GOLD, Secaucus, New Jersey

"I Rather draw than paint, But I rather express than nothing at all"- Mario,“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa

I see the wall and I see them fall, we break through them all. My eyes water, drip,drip,drip, into the ground. I tire of getting attached, then having everything fall short. Really makes me ponder…If I can have the best of both worlds like I see in my peripheral vision! Ripped apart from years of torture; I do not know what is to come of me. I see myself now, but my head is clogged with an evil, misty, scrutinizing smoke, the presses against my skull. So much fumes, second hand smoke from all the lies that I’ve been living. Inner amity seems like a toy that looks beautifully fabricated, but given time outside of it’s package, it produces a hairline fracture, and when left alone, will split and break into tinier pieces that are distant from any type of glue, any kind of repair.

I started contemplating about what I have done, and what I will become. When will the heartache end?