Love is the One Who Kills

As the wind breathes down the icy cave,
And Autumn leaves fall to the ground,
Another mourner laments the grave,
With that inhuman crying sound,
As the roses placed so carefully,
Soon begin to wilt and crumble,
To the one who said things boastfully,
Now lies here quiet and humble,
I hear him begin to whisper to me,
Of many things so long forgotten,
Suddenly remembered in clarity,
Spewn from the depths of this icy coffin,
"As the ivy grows green on yonder hill,
And children wander through the grass,
Remember that love is the one who kills,
That it will always be so. Alas."
And to hear this cry to me once more,
It nearly brings me back again,
But then I feel my death restored,
For he had loved another friend.

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 19 at 9:28 pm
I feel like this is a fine example of a poem that could receive a 5 out of 5, but it doesn't seem to have a huge amount of rinnovation to it. I feel that in any great piece of literature, some amount of innovation. The rhythm is great, the words are exemplory, and I can't find much wrong with it other than a lack of anything that REALLY hits home, and really connects with the audience and hasn't been done before. I'll give it a 4.5 out of 5.

TheOceansBlackBirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 20 at 3:32 am
Thank you Shade. I have to agree with your point on originality, it just seems that as time goes by everything apears to have previously been done by one person or another. But hey 4.5 out of 5 is more than good enough for me. XD

TheOceansBlackBirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 12 at 2:52 am
Miss you too. Yeah i just dont come on here as often. I've been really busy... thank you so much. It makes me so happy when people don't just read my piece and continue browsing but actually feel something reading it. Thanks and I'll try to come on more often and catch up with people

KaydieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 11 at 3:30 am
I felt cold as I read it...wooo...missing u Ocean...not talkd to u and Liv in a long wyl...nice piece you got der

Oct. 12 at 2:53 am
oops i meant to reply to you in that most recent comment I just posted. so yeah just look up ^

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 17 at 9:11 am
Wow. This is absolutely beautiful. I love it. It just goes so smoothly. It's really, really beautiful. You have such a talent and greatness in you, I hope you know that. Thank you for sharing this!

juliehugbearThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 9 at 1:41 pm
this is incredibly beautiful

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12 at 2:58 am
This has to be my favorite by you so far! Actually, a favorite EVER! This is going in my favorites page! I absolutely adore the passion in this piece, and the reatability. :) Keep inspiring!

Jul. 12 at 3:18 am
Thank you so much! this was one of my poems that I just sat down and wrote... didnt really think about it or anything... so it means a lot that my first thoughts are so inspiring (and on someones favorites page) 

Lucifer666 said...
Apr. 17 at 7:13 pm
Your poems, flows almost impeccably. The word "spewn" I believe it should be "Spewed" It hard for me to fathom words tro describe what exactly comes to mind, when I read this. The poem itself, its filled with eccentricity, and your "Alas" is a great brilliant word many great writers use, as it's powerful. The imagery on this poem is thpought provoking, "As the wind breathes down the icy cave, And Autumn leaves fall to the ground, Another mourner laments the... (more »)

Lucifer666 replied...
Apr. 17 at 7:14 pm
XD pardon my typos orgasm

Apr. 18 at 8:16 pm
It's ok XD Thanks so much Strawberry Passion!

Lucifer666 replied...
Apr. 19 at 9:31 am
 (。+・`ω・´) anytime orgasm

jelliejenn said...
Apr. 17 at 5:16 pm
very powerful...loved it

Anyalisse said...
Apr. 16 at 11:04 pm
Beautifully written and very emotional. I love it.

Apr. 18 at 8:16 pm
Thank you all so much.

GhostBeam said...
Apr. 16 at 10:26 pm
Ocean is this about Death?         Good Work.         Keep writing.

Apr. 18 at 8:14 pm
I like to leave that up for interpretation... but if you think it is, then it is.