Love is the One Who Kills

As the wind breathes down the icy cave,
And Autumn leaves fall to the ground,
Another mourner laments the grave,
With that inhuman crying sound,
As the roses placed so carefully,
Soon begin to wilt and crumble,
To the one who said things boastfully,
Now lies here quiet and humble,
I hear him begin to whisper to me,
Of many things so long forgotten,
Suddenly remembered in clarity,
Spewn from the depths of this icy coffin,
"As the ivy grows green on yonder hill,
And children wander through the grass,
Remember that love is the one who kills,
That it will always be so. Alas."
And to hear this cry to me once more,
It nearly brings me back again,
But then I feel my death restored,
For he had loved another friend.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:11 am:
Wow. This is absolutely beautiful. I love it. It just goes so smoothly. It's really, really beautiful. You have such a talent and greatness in you, I hope you know that. Thank you for sharing this!

juliehugbearThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 9 at 1:41 pm:
this is incredibly beautiful

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12 at 2:58 am:
This has to be my favorite by you so far! Actually, a favorite EVER! This is going in my favorites page! I absolutely adore the passion in this piece, and the reatability. :) Keep inspiring!

TheOceansBlackBirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 12 at 3:18 am :
Thank you so much! this was one of my poems that I just sat down and wrote... didnt really think about it or anything... so it means a lot that my first thoughts are so inspiring (and on someones favorites page) 

Lucifer666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 17 at 7:13 pm:
Your poems, flows almost impeccably. The word "spewn" I believe it should be "Spewed" It hard for me to fathom words tro describe what exactly comes to mind, when I read this. The poem itself, its filled with eccentricity, and your "Alas" is a great brilliant word many great writers use, as it's powerful. The imagery on this poem is thpought provoking, "As the wind breathes down the icy cave, And Autumn leaves fall to the ground, Another mourner laments the... (more »)

Lucifer666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 17 at 7:14 pm :
XD pardon my typos orgasm

Apr. 18 at 8:16 pm :
It's ok XD Thanks so much Strawberry Passion!

Apr. 19 at 9:31 am :
 (。+・`ω・´) anytime orgasm

jelliejenn said...
Apr. 17 at 5:16 pm:
very powerful...loved it

Anyalisse said...
Apr. 16 at 11:04 pm:
Beautifully written and very emotional. I love it.

Apr. 18 at 8:16 pm :
Thank you all so much.

GhostBeamThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 16 at 10:26 pm:
Ocean is this about Death?         Good Work.         Keep writing.

Apr. 18 at 8:14 pm :
I like to leave that up for interpretation... but if you think it is, then it is.