For Now

It will be years from now.
I'll be sitting solo at the bar
with one too many drinks
on my tab when you’ll
creep into my mind.
The thought of you
will be enough to
slump my shoulders
and buy me another drink.

It will be years from now.
I'll be starring at the symphony
of stars in the dark through
my bedroom window when
you’ll creep into my mind.
The thought of you will
be enough to close
my blinds and keep
me awake for hours.

Years from now,
with nothing else to do
I’ll think about your eyes;
only I can’t remember if they’re
green or they’re blue.

But for now,
I’ll be sitting by your side
and you’ll look me in the eyes.
They aren’t green,
or blue.
They’re brown.

NOIZTHIMS said...
yesterday at 6:53 pm:
I liked this poem a lot, it is cute, and I like the way you describe things. the one note that I wouyld give is that the way you put the lines/wording is a bit choppy because certain things on one line or another should be on different ones, but that's nit picky.

dinksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 2:19 pm :
I understadnt that completely, thank you!

KaavyaMThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 22 at 10:43 am:
This is just so lovely. The poem has a rhythm and flow of its own even without rhyming words or any meter, and that's a sign of real talent. Only thing, in the second line of the second stanza, the word should probably be 'staring', nor 'starring'. But great job. I love a couple of metaphors you've used, especially "The symphony of stars".

Apr. 22 at 6:09 pm :
Good eye, I didn't catch that! Thank you!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 8:00 pm:
Beautifully written poem. I love poetry that tells a little story like this one. Your wording is fantastic, as well as your imagery. Also, I love the repetition of "It will be years from now," and how you gradually change the phrase as the stanzas move on. Wonderful job, and elegantly put :)

Apr. 22 at 6:08 pm :
Thank you!!