Just to Let You Know | Teen Ink

Just to Let You Know MAG

Your butchering words
In the beginning
Went through my head
As a child who listens
To every word you say

Your constant sarcasm
Your words which
I thought were the truth
The never giving up

Just to let you know, Dad
Those butchering words
To me are now worthless
For I know now
It was only your sickness

on Dec. 18 2008 at 1:36 am
short and sharp. Good job!

on Dec. 18 2008 at 12:57 am
wow i love this poem so much .... it expresses so much emotion... all of which i was feeling a year ago my dad was sick (alcohol and drugs) and he cheated on my mom and now he stopped and it was all for his lil gf hes living w/ w/ his mother no less i mean rly and i;m still soooo scared to tell him how i rlyyy feel tho

phatphat said...
on Dec. 16 2008 at 3:50 pm
thisz poem isz great keep up tha gewd work

on Dec. 15 2008 at 6:05 pm
my mom scared me for life with her sarcasim when i was a little girl.. i still think it was massed up.

Redemption65 said...
on Dec. 15 2008 at 12:49 am
Wow. Your words are powerful, but I feel to make your piece even stronger their should have been a deeper meaning behind your words. All they did was flat out say what you had to say.

ChowXChowZ said...
on Dec. 14 2008 at 2:03 pm
Wow awesome poem...i have the same problem...

gina7797 said...
on Dec. 13 2008 at 5:04 pm
this poem was so...great. it inspired me to take a stand to people who are really walking all over me. this really helps alot -- i'm glad u wrote it

MaryEllen E. said...
on Dec. 8 2008 at 11:26 pm
thanks

i never thought of it like that, that im okay with what happened now cause he couldnt control, but that is so true

krysten said...
on Dec. 7 2008 at 10:48 pm
this was a really good poem, i love how you say that you got over it and forgave them for something that they couldnt control, that shows real character

Shaniqua said...
on Dec. 5 2008 at 6:18 pm
Thats really good look at mine see what you think ommm....i know how you feel i have to go throgh thsat every day with my step sister but instaed she hasent talked to him in more than 5 years and she is 17 now.

MaryEllen E. said...
on Dec. 4 2008 at 7:19 pm
alcoholism

anabananaz said...
on Dec. 3 2008 at 11:27 pm
wow. this was a really nice poem, but what sicknes r u talking bout?