Just to Let You Know This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your butchering words
In the beginning
Went through my head
As a child who listens
To every word you say

Your constant sarcasm
Your words which
I thought were the truth
The never giving up

Just to let you know, Dad
Those butchering words
To me are now worthless
For I know now
It was only your sickness

phatphat said...
thisz poem isz great keep up tha gewd work

i know your feeling said...
my mom scared me for life with her sarcasim when i was a little girl.. i still think it was massed up.

Redemption65 said...
Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:49 am
Wow. Your words are powerful, but I feel to make your piece even stronger their should have been a deeper meaning behind your words. All they did was flat out say what you had to say.

ChowXChowZ said...
Wow awesome poem...i have the same problem...

gina7797 said...
this poem was so...great. it inspired me to take a stand to people who are really walking all over me. this really helps alot -- i'm glad u wrote it

anabananaz said...
wow. this was a really nice poem, but what sicknes r u talking bout?

MaryEllen E. said...
alcoholism

Shaniqua said...
Thats really good look at mine see what you think ommm....i know how you feel i have to go throgh thsat every day with my step sister but instaed she hasent talked to him in more than 5 years and she is 17 now.

krysten said...
this was a really good poem, i love how you say that you got over it and forgave them for something that they couldnt control, that shows real character

MaryEllen E. said...
thanks

i never thought of it like that, that im okay with what happened now cause he couldnt control, but that is so true