Sleepwalking This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

At night, I escape
in my drowsy stupor I roam the hallways.
I take long scalding showers and wake up all red and spotted;
I flick the lights on and off for hours;
I climb onto balconies and yell about nothing at all.

At night, I sleepwalk
all the stress of my day is let out in the darkness.
I scare others but petrify myself,
because that girl sleepwalking down the hall isn’t me.
She is all of my fear; my hopes; my anguish;
my loves and my annoyances;
everything that is me wrapped up into one:

But that girl sleepwalking down the hall isn’t me.

Lix odicy said...
Feb. 13 at 9:30 am
Pretty kool

Bradical said...
The way in which you present sleepwalking is very interesting to me. You have sort of turned it from a physical issue to more of a socio-psychological one. Great poem!

mongooseman0 said...
Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:52 am
That is very true, consise and shocking. I like it!

InkWriter13 said...
Cool poem. 5 stars. A testament to the truth of self-identity. A nice take on sleepwalking. Insightful and well-written. Will you please comment on my two poems titled Without the Writer and the Printer?

HallieAnnaLissette said...
The randomness of the symptoms shows the complexity of your idea in just a few short words. I was taken from the first line.

BrielleIsTheBomb said...
I LOVED this. It is entirely relateable, even to people who don't sleepwalk. I can feel the emotion and I get the rawness. 5 stars. Thanks for sharing :)  

MallyJo said...
I love this! It's amazing. :)

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
another great poem! your word choice is really good!!

Nelson said...
OMG!!!! I love this poem!!!! :D It is amazing! I love how I can connect to it and feel what you feel. I can tell you put some emotion and some work into this poem. Great poem. I give it 5 stars. :D

_MissLaurel_ said...

Amazing work. I sleepwalk too, but somehow I think that it isn't exactly what you are getting at. This is deep, and I feel I would have to re-read it several more times and sleep on it (pun not intended) to fully grasp it. I love poem like this. :)

~Laurel

cupcake420 said...
you are vey good writter and i love this work you did keep it up

xXDeadxSoulXx said...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 11:30 am
This was amazing! I am so captured by all of it! You are very talented, Keep up the good work! : DDD

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
though you dont want to be connected to that sleeping self, it sounds as if you sleepwalk through your days.... great stuff

Your_lil_Secret said...
it was really good nd i liked it. good job!!!

asiangurl said...
all i could possibly say is that was VERY BEAUTIFUL, your words capture me and my mind. Keep it up...thumbs up:)

zobug96 said...
Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:55 am
this poem is ten times better than the number 1 pic of the day

gemmmmma said...

i adore this poem. i can totally relate. brilliant work i love it, i'll check out your other stuff. i love the way you write it reminds me of my writing a bit. i love your ending line, they're always the most important to me when i write and this just sums it all up in one i love it, good job :)

xoxo

holycrackers said...
if it isn't you who is it ( i mean for realz if it's notyou) okay it's nice but where's the soul in it. i feel nothing.

honeyonthesidewalk replied...
holycrackers you don't understand the meaning of this poem you need to think deeper

xXDeadxSoulXx replied...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 11:28 am
Buddy this poem was beautiful and you have to be able to relate or at least understand what this was about....But I guess you didn't get it....Try maybe reading it over a few times :D