Return Policy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

With a sales receipt, a full refund of any emotional attachment in the original form of payment will be issued from any lover for the return of new or unused teddy bears, chocolates, flowers, bracelets, and company on cold January Friday nights at a moment's notice when no other plans could be had within (i) 14 days of gifting from a sweetheart or (ii) 14 days of deciding necklaces and perfume are not the intended gifts. A store credit for the original amount will be issued for (i) signs of affection given less than 7 days prior to the date of return, (ii) when a gift receipt is

Ignore my empty bitterness

presented within 60 days of purchase, (iii) knowledge of the curve of a shoulder blade after a midnight swim, or (iv) proof of attachment was originally conducted elsewhere. Opened big-ticket items may not be returned. They can only be exchanged for the same variety of sexual secret, blackmail photograph, or lovingly chewed-on pencil with attached green gift ribbon from the handle of the tea cup I bought you last spring. Too bad you can't return what matters. Too bad I can't take it back either. Too bad you lost your heart somewhere.
Policy on receipt may appear in two sections.

Ignore my empty bitterness.

Dreammer said...
Check my work and comment so I can make my writing better please?!!

Priscilla said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 11:34 am
I really enjoyed this poem:)

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really enjoyed this. Very original/creative.

alwaysbrokenhearted said...
I agree. Just do what you feel.

alwaysbrokenhearted said...
Hey you did really good with this. I would never have thought of this. Could you look at my work? Please? Thanks!

hopeforthelostcause This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 8:45 am
This is so creative and I'm in love! Fantastic work :)

nitabita07 said...

very very very good. super fantactic

Wellington This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i think im in love with your writing.

crazypoetgirl18 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very subtle in its beauty, and very original. My hat is off to you.

MelanieLouise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:05 am
i love the way its written. awesome job keep writing, Mel :)

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is a great innovative way to say what was going on  but just illuding to it... the form was great by mimicking fine print.... good job!

twilight_angel said...
very creative!

frustratedwriterperson said...
Jul. 10, 2010 at 10:08 am
Great article, very emotional, don't stop writing, and please check out some of my work.

thehaggiseater said...
Och, this reminds me, ken o' this time in Auchtermuchty whar, ken, ah had the boke eftir a wee bit tae much o' the haggis and I had tae gang outwith Steamin Vinny's tae relieve the stress o' the endeavour, if ye ken whit ah mean and aw' that. Aw ah wanted tae say wis that yer use o' 'green gift ribbon' reminds me o' the wee gibbon thit was greetin' fer its maw and aw that in the street. Odd times and such and such.

j.ogroats replied...
Och, aye, yer a clever ane, haggiseater and aw' that. Mebbe ye should dae the scribble fer the Scotsman oor sommit like that, aye? Ye cuid be an' aw' a Rabbie Burns type o' lad wi' the panache o' Alexander McCall-Smith an aw', ken?

AmandaAndPeace said...
Wow, intense. emotional. I love it. Very unique and honest. Keep writing.

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. I like your creative idea on this.
Congrats on getting it published.
It deserves to be.
Keep writing.
And please, check out my work. Comment and rate if you wish.
Thanks.

blankpages12 said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 10:22 am
breathe taking how you turned something so simple..into...well this

Aro_To_The_Heart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 9:52 am
....Whoa.... I was blown away by the artistic nature of this. Taking something as simple as a return policy and turning it into something meaningful is downright AMAZING! I applaud you most graciously and wish you luck on your ventures. This is undoubtedly one of my favorites.

Only,I This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 12:44 am
This is great, it's so true.
My favorite line is " Too bad you lost your heart somewhere."
I know how you feel, the bitterness of breaking up with someone you love and not knowing what to do with all the stuff they gave you.