I Just Want to Believe

I want to believe that everything will work out.

But my soul is tender,
My heart is broke.
I envy that perfect life.
Where laughter fills the days,
And love is the only way.

I want to believe that love is true.

That there will be someone to show me joy,
And the warmness of comfort too.
Why can't I just believe,
That I'll find someone someday?
That there will be someone to hold my hand along the way.

I want to believe in love!

j.g.poemsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 26 at 1:47 pm:
Dang! Your writing is amazing. 

Nella.Girl97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 26 at 10:32 pm :
Wow! Thank you so much! I didnt even ask you and youve read my work, thanks!

GhostBeamThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23 at 1:54 pm:
So this poem is about love?   I really like it.     Good Work.         Keep Writing.

Apr. 23 at 1:56 pm :
Haha! Cant u tell its about love? Yes it is:) Thanks! 

PrinceLion said...
Apr. 15 at 3:06 pm:
I find this poem extravagant in every way. But.... in one way the most above all... That I myself can relate to your words. That I can fall in your written statement. It's a beautiful poem. It touched me. That's what counts *about to cry..holding it in...seriously*  

Apr. 16 at 10:43 am :
aw thanks! that was a beautiful comment! 

AmieeLeeHopeSierra said...
Apr. 9 at 10:37 am:
There is something so cynical and wittyly comforting from this poem. All at once. I imagine that you really thought when you wrote this. Or it pored from your heart with a deeper meaning. Overall everything even the smallest detail was amazing. :D Keep it up.

Apr. 9 at 10:52 am :
Wow! Thank you! It definately has a deep meaning to me! Im surprised u also seen it has a meeting! Btw, i read all of ur poems and i am very impressed! Great work! U write amazing!