Sepia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I live in a sepia tones.

Sometimes I think I was painted
in dust, born of drought—
my thoughts are all in shades of brown that
look the same from every angle,
and I wonder
if I was ever part
of the color world.

The rest of the world sped by me
in a mess of rich sunsets—
all pink cheeks and blues,
orange mornings and
white light;
They left me static, stop-motion
and stuttering,
and somewhere along the way
I took a wrong turn.
I ended up lost
in coffeestain pages and
film grain.
I curled in on myself like a bug
trapped in amber,
to wish for heavy roses,
crimsons and raindrops like rubies
to wash the dirt from my eyes.

These days I dream of crushing red,
cherry that suffocates and
blooms like flowers by a headstone.

I dream of one color and one color only

Because when it comes down to it
red is the only color
I understand:
No one bleeds
in sepia.

varialetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 13 at 7:10 pm
I'm such a fan of this! This is such a stunning poem, one of the best things I've read on here. Congrats on getting published!

dreamshakerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 14 at 8:32 pm
You are too nice. Thank you so much - again, it means a lot to get such positive feedback

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30 at 6:37 pm
I'm so happy for you that you got published in the magazine! :) No, but seriously, great job! I told you this should have got published! And it did! I'm really happy for you. :)

Jun. 1 at 9:37 pm
Thanks so much! I was really happy as well - thanks for checking in again, though, it's really nice of you!

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 2 at 10:43 pm
You're welcome! Honestly it was not a big deal at all. It makes me happy when people get the success they deserve. :)

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30 at 10:10 am
I read this in the magazine and was blown away, honestly I thought this was incredible - my favourite thing in there. I just had to find it online so that i could tell you how perfect it was.

Jun. 1 at 9:36 pm
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! It seriously means so much to hear that you liked my piece enough to find it online - that's such an awesome thing to hear, and I can't thank you enough! :)

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 2 at 11:04 am
No, you deserve it, I honestly love this poem <3

Bridget K. said...
Apr. 6 at 6:24 pm
Wow, I didn't expect to love that as much as I did. The images you created are incredible and you made me feel like I could relate to this so much.

Apr. 6 at 8:24 pm
Thanks so much!! :)

Apr. 5 at 1:53 pm
Your descriptions and images are incredible. This is a fabulous poem. I hope you get publsihed in the magazine because this deserves it for sure. Amazing work!

Apr. 5 at 3:31 pm
Whoa, thank you so much! This is a huge compliment! Thanks for taking the time to comment, it really made my day to get such great feedback :)

Apr. 6 at 2:57 am
I love to comment no problem. I wouldn't say it if it isn't true. :)I think great writers need to hear when they make great pieces of work and I think this poem is amazing. I looked up the color just to see what the color looked like and I love this poem even more now.