Ovals and Other Besmirched Things This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Thirty-three sunflowers danced with an
elephant in the dusks of Africa with
amazing gusts of wind and the fascination of: a triangle.

Hello my colorful, wonderful friends, I am light blue king of the trends, I am in the sky, hair dye, and fruit fly.
Although I can be excessively, utterly,
crazily, shy.

Behold, amazing is the oval
Not angular but mellow, an evolved circle.
A questionable gift like a snowflake
or rubble
An underrated shape like a line or a circle
An underused talent like a door or some purple
Or a misunderstood personality, like myself or a person in trouble.

I am a hyena, laughing at my predators, howling at my prey,
I stalk the streets and
YELL
what I say.

HannaHarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4 at 9:11 pm
I like this poem a lot. I really enjoyed the geometric bit being woven into a larger picture.

jtsmith3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 5 at 1:01 pm
Thanks for the compliment!

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 3 at 6:45 pm
I loive it... You certainly do deserve the award

411Ellie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 3 at 6:41 pm
Fantastic! It is unlike any poem I have ever read. I love the metaphors and how seamlessly you incorporated imagery and sensory details. 5/5!!!!!

Mar. 4 at 2:43 pm
Thanks so much!

WinterRose1976This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 3 at 5:42 pm
This is such a unique and brilliantly written piece of poetry! I loved it. 5/5 stars

Mar. 3 at 6:29 pm
Thanks! That means alot!

Shadow_Wolf said...
Mar. 3 at 3:43 pm
I love this poem, very strong and powerful.... GOOD JOB!

jtsmith3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 3 at 3:16 pm
Great Poem! You really have talent!