Worn Shoes | Teen Ink

Worn Shoes

By SoldMySoulForLove BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona
SoldMySoulForLove BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona

"The worst kind of love is the one felt by only one person."

Darkness, it eats away at me. No longer able to feel. Torn, shredded, dirty, and abused. Used so many times, only to be thrown away. A soul? No longer there. Given away, I just wanted love. Once bright, adored, cherished. Now I am replaced, he wanted something else, something newer, brighter, and better. Tossed to the side, I see him every day, with that new thing. What’s so wrong with an old pair of shoes? I am as good as any I guess. Just another thing to throw in the trash. Are you done with me? Couldn’t you just wash me off and pretend everything is fine? I look at you every morning when you pass by; you even look at me at times, like maybe you’ll use me again someday. Then you pick me up, I get my hopes up. Do you love me again? No, you hand me to someone else; I’m not your problem anymore. This new person loves me as much as you did when I was new. He doesn’t care that I’m worn out. He doesn’t care that I’m not new. He loves me the way I am, like you did when you first got me. His love is like the laces that hold me together now. The shredded, torn, and dirty pieces now fixed and bright again.