Why Me?

You cut throats
Without a second thought,
So tell me why,
Does my neck stay unslit?

What about me,
Makes you care?
When I did nothing
To stop you from getting there.

I know you were pushed,
That these people made you do it.
But what id I'd stepped in,
Would it help ease the pain?

I could've been a friend,
Instead I just stood and watched.
I may not of caused it,
But I sure as Hell didn't stop it.

I need you more than anything
And I'll never once abuse your trust.
I just wish I could do something
To make you feel okay again.

All that I can really say
Is I'll never make the same mistake.

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 10 at 3:12 pm:
"But what id I'd stepped in, Would it help ease the pain?"   Was that a typo or on purpose? Also is the kid being bullied and the bestfriend watching? 

ChrisTid7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 2:23 am :
He wasn't so much being bullied as people criticizing his life choices. They arn't popular and a lot of people criticise them and dislike him for them.

RosalynneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 25 at 3:40 pm:
This is awesome... Really makes one think...

Feb. 25 at 7:55 pm :
Thanks! I see it that way to but it's a little different for me since it's a true story (which most of my poems are).

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 20 at 2:27 pm:
This is lovely, and I love the last line especially! Very relatable, and I really like your technique of asking questions; it's captivating. You're a great writer :)

Feb. 20 at 8:46 pm :
Thank you so much!!!