Glanced your way | Teen Ink

Glanced your way

February 8, 2014
By Mario94 GOLD, Secaucus, New Jersey
Mario94 GOLD, Secaucus, New Jersey
12 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I Rather draw than paint, But I rather express than nothing at all"- Mario,“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”
― Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa


I glanced your way, I gazed at your smile and your eyes. I looked your way, I felt so giddy. The first time brought upon confusion, unknowingly it progressed into a free fall of emotions.

Illuminating my world, I saw the window to your soul, shimmering and shining a light through the dark abyss.

Holding you within my reach, pulsating beats an intertwined connection. Eager and biting her lip, we spelled our fate.

Alas, I slowly watch my life line seep into the soil, watering for new life. Blood is a beautiful thing, it provides life and id breathtaking to gaze upon falling from the heart.

Dolefully one can indulge in mediocre lapses. I stand here now, pondering of my Luna. My watchful quarter moon. A giant rock among the stars, Diana bestowing her bow, shot an arrow through the night, showing beauty in the sun.

Despise that I am made a mockery of an empty heart that falls heavily. As I try to lay it across my shoulder and walk on, his horns emerge in my mind. "You've failed you fool," he said wolfishly.

Now as I kneel above where she lies, I shed no tear. I shed nothing of the sort. Though the only item I place before me are my mistakes.

Satan delivered his taunt. The Angels counteract the greed of the fallen Angel. Michael severs all evil, but what is left is borderline multi-personality.

I kneel humbly to Seraphim, and gaze upon the moment of joy and grasp the hesitation of lie.


The author's comments:
I wrote this because I found myself caught between a rock and a hard place concerning a very pretty girl, but I started to feel skeptical.