if the world was inked (9:52 pm) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

if the words that fell from our mouths
emitted by our vocal chords
spoken to friends or enemies
appeared in ink upon skin, how careful would you be?

would you throw words around carelessly or would you fill silence with spoken
thoughts
feelings
actions
?

how much would you love to see a declaration of love,
a display of beauty or kindness
an opinion
written on your skin in ink, having just as much a lasting
impression on you as it does
on the person you were speaking to, and even more, what if that person was
yourself?
would you speak kindly to yourself, giving the reminder that you are loved, would you be more careful about worrying out loud over things that cannot be changed?

if the words that fell from your mouth,
emitted by your vocal chords,
spoken to friends or enemies,
appeared in ink on your skin, how much more careful would you be?
I don't know about everyone else, but
I think
I would speak in poetry.

meowitselizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22 at 8:33 pm:
Thanks so much, that made me smile!

MoriartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21 at 11:45 pm:
Very good piece and an especially great last line,  a very powerful ending. 

meowitselizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22 at 10:34 am :
Thanks! I appreciate it; I wasn't very confident in this piece when I sent it in, but I'm glad you liked it.

KarmaBites This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22 at 11:15 am :
Wow! I am in love with this poem <3 *round of applause* You are an ingenious poet! Never stop writing! With love, Lexy

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21 at 9:52 am:
Wow! This is beautiful! Love the topic and form! Flows nicely! Great job!

Mar. 21 at 8:21 pm :
Thank you so much!