The Terrible Things That Happen At Night

The terrible things that happen at night;
The people who die,
The men who sleep while the women, they cry.

In the silence that froze
she will take to the road,
trying to escape the fate
that no one knows.

The mysteries, the horrors
The cries for help
Echo in the night as the sinners, they yelp.
The sick, the weak
The needy who speak
With raspy voices, they beg and shriek.

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide,
She flees to the forest,
Feeling fear deep inside.

The owls, they hoot
While their bright eyes stare,
As she tramples through the growth
In the cold black air.

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3 at 11:33 am:
Amazing poem! Very descriptive and well thought out. keep it up!

francheskas said...
Feb. 7 at 10:39 pm:
I enjoyed this poem very much. This is by far one of my favorite poems. I just have a thing for dark poems. Could you rate and leave feedback on mine?  TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/616001/Ocean-of-Fear/

MissKatieLinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7 at 2:47 pm:
I love it. I think you would like this poem, it is a friend of mine's and I love it. TeenInk.com/poetry/song_lyrics/article/568403/Run-Away/

FrostedSapphireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 5 at 2:41 pm:
I love this piece! Very well written. :D

deeplythinkingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 4 at 7:02 pm:
At the end I'm wondering the fate of the women who stumbled into the forest.  For the forest to me seems like a sanctionary -- away from the street and peoples' glares.  Is the women forever lost now that she is in the forest as it may be too dark to distinguish between night and day?  Is it really a safer place?  I guess I like to think it is depending on how long one is in and if one knows the way out because it is an "escape" from human kind which we ofte... (more »)

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 4 at 6:58 am:
I like the rhyming, it makes sense, and your imagery was perfect. However, I felt like there is a stanza missing in the end, though.

ninjaballerina1234 said...
Feb. 3 at 8:58 pm:
I loved the rythm of the peice and I am very happy that you chose to put the extra effort into it to make it rhyme. Good job!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 6:45 pm:
Very wonderful theme and concept, as well as amazing imagery. I could envision everything crystal clear, and I love the unique rhyme scheme. Well done! :)

TopHatCactus said...
Feb. 3 at 6:13 pm:
I like this a lot! The rhyming words are great and well used! You're awesome!

JackBoy said...
Feb. 3 at 3:59 pm:
I love your work. Here is a poem inspired by you. Hope you enjoy! Stay warm.   The wonderful things that happen during the day; The sun that shines,                                                         &nbs... (more »)

GuardianoftheStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3 at 2:33 pm:
I really liked this poem.  The rhymes wer nice, but not cheese so well done on that.  It had a very dark feeling to it.  I really enjoyed reading this. :)

zendaya said...
Feb. 3 at 2:05 pm:
i really liked this one keep up the good work

ProutD said...
Feb. 3 at 12:54 pm:
I love it! Wonderfully written, very imiginative and strikinly vivid.              

buttercup102903 said...
Feb. 3 at 12:44 pm:
that sounds really good. i love it.keep upo the good work

cristelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 12:43 pm:
sounds great