Iridescence in the dark | Teen Ink

Iridescence in the dark

By WickedDreamer PLATINUM, Salem, Other
WickedDreamer PLATINUM, Salem, Other

The legacy you leave is the one you live

Dark is all in his sight, But iridescence his light! I reflect, why am I blinded, From watching the color of his art? And now I discern why, For his spectrum would fly, Straight from his heart! I yearn to live The life of his eyes, And know the colours Of his waters and his skies! I wish I could live The life of his skin, And breathe in the colour Of the clear dew drop. Why can’t I live his senses And realize the colour of the flowers, When grow their fragrances Along the whistle of the air? To experience his sphere’s chroma, I close my peepers; My sight goes off, but my insight on; There I see not murk, But his soul’s Iridescence in the dark!

I have vision, yet I don't; He doesn't have "The vision", yet he does! Am I blinded from watching his soul's colors just because I've got sight?

JRaye PLATINUM said...
on May. 22 2014 at 4:39 pm
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

I liked it :) To me, it felt like you were envious of what how a blind man sees the world. I will agree with Luv4Ever about the exclamation points, but other than that it was really good :)

on May. 18 2014 at 10:13 am
Luv4Ever SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

A miracle is just another name for hard work
-Minho in "To The Beautiful You"

I love your use of words but i feel that the exclamation ponts take away from your poem

on Feb. 27 2014 at 4:40 am
KshitijKothari SILVER, Pune, Other

Only that day dawns to which we are awake.

- Thoreau (Walden and Other writings)

well done proud of you

on Jan. 28 2014 at 8:49 am
I think this poet is always gives importance to HUMANITY.   A different look and feel about VISION.  Good

on Jan. 27 2014 at 9:40 am
A GREAT MESSAGE BY A POET "IF YOU LOOK AND FEEL DEEP INTO IT "YOU WILL THINK OF DONATING YOUR EYES"