About the Corinthians Verse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

for Aaron

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not
envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It
is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth. It always
protects, always trusts, always hopes, ­always perseveres.” – Corinthians 13:4-8

I once thought
that I couldn't believe this anymore
even though I read it every day,
trying: some vain, crazed attempt
at reading in between those lines

(I wanted to hear another whisper
telling me that I couldn't leave yet
but I wanted it for so long
to be a beautiful reason
instead of the ironically
caustic, murdering kind)

I can't believe in this
because love is not a solid entity
it's liquid and it splashes and stains;

it burns.
I wanted to scream
that at you
then.

Today I realized: love is not
this corrosive liquid. it is solid, beautiful
and true; Leviathan's love is the higher law;
It is God.

that liquid, I know now,
with visceral rumination:
It is me.

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 18 at 2:24 pm:
This right here is enough to make you believe in love - all kinds. So sweet, so well said, so raw and honest and simply put. Congradulations on the publication, you absoultely earned it! :)

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:22 pm :
thanks so much!! :)  

SophieSkyeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 27 at 9:41 am:
What did i said? You are great writer!! And you'll will!!!

Jan. 27 at 6:12 pm :
:) thanks love