ut spero, semoto

Lately wondering if stars are mocking
the incapability of human reasoning
thinking if moon craters are as deep
as the void in the human soul
pondering about the flailing whips
of sun resembling the inconsolable
heart writhing within bone cage

there's little to be said
about the hope just out of reach
beyond Jupiter's orbit
tucked underneath a belt
of crumbling asteroids

the fingers seeking to grasp the tangible
searching and wanting
desperately to find
bringing back nothing but dust

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 2:40 pm:
Mmm this is a good piece to read while the rain is pouring (just because Florida is like, YOLO, BRING IN THE RAIN, BOYS!) and my coffee is nice and hot. The ethereal nature of this poem is to kill for. Amazing job! :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 5 at 7:19 pm:
There are a million emotions that this poem alone produces. I think you've captured how so many people feel, the emptiness and the void inside that demands answers. I have to ask — what does the title mean? I'm intrigued :P

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 10 at 6:01 pm :
It's (Google Translation) Latin for Just Out of Reach, if I remember correctly. Or something like that. >.>   Any whozziez, thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts about this poem. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24 at 5:29 pm:
I'm tearing. No really, I am. While reading that I was listening to "Dreaming With a Broken Heart" by John Mayer and the tone was set. This is...wow...breathtaking. I will never fully understand where your genius comes from mckay and while I may sound like im praising you over and over again, but I have never read poetry more beautiful and symbolic and relatable than yours. So for that gift alone, I thank you! As always, I love it. You never dissapoint. And someday, when you are fa... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 25 at 11:22 am :
I agree with every single word. AND YES Congrats. Because I thought this was freaking amazing too. Love always, Dua.  P.s. TO LIV: I have to check out that song! :D

Apr. 17 at 6:16 pm :
Love you two. Sorry I haven't replied in forever. I've yet to forget all my fellow writers and friends. Thank you both for commenting on. Means so much to me whenever anyone takes a minute or two to read my work. And comment! Thank you! And good luck with all that you do. AND CAN'T WAIT FOR TFIOS MOVIE!!!! 

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 12:11 pm:
Mckay Mckay Mckay. Gosh I REALLY firstly would like you to tell me the origins of your username. I always have wanted to ask but thought that somehow maybe it might sound rude :P anyway. if you would like to tell please do. ;) And secondly. HOW HOW HOW. This is downright brilliant. I am in love with this new style of yours which is not so new anymore. You can expresss a thousand things talking about stars and the sky and the universe and astromony. Really. Truly. Mesmerizing. ANd well, being a p... (more »)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 24 at 5:30 pm :
Me too!!! Haha I did one piece called "Falling Stars" that wasn't really about stars.. I just, ugh, the moon and stars are too symbolic that I have so many ideas I cant write them down properly!!! 

Feb. 25 at 11:19 am :
Yes, In fact there are MANY of these topics that have SO much that can be said and so much that has already been said. You know most of my writer's blocks originate when I feel like I can't write a single original thing and am basically just saying things already been said in lesser (as in not good enough) words. Ah, well, weird but well. EVERY TIME :P whoops :P Mckay WE ARE SPAMMING YOUR EMAIL SO THAT YOU COME HERE. Please COME. When will you come? Now, I'm about to leave for a few ... (more »)

Feb. 25 at 7:05 pm :
IF YOU LEAVE I WILL GOT tOO DUA!!!! :(  And ya i agree. Like i just got out of my writers block like yesterday so I wrote some wierdo piece, what i do best haha, and hey, it got an editors choice! So yaaaa but ya i always feel like a copy when i try to be artsy and say things about topics that are so overdone. Mckay come back pleaseeeeee anywho...

Feb. 27 at 6:24 am :
I am not leaving YET OLIVIA And well when I do it'll be like for a few months. Well let me present those months to you. See, here's what is going to happen. It is all hectic and boring but obviously I do have to tell you. Okay so in March which is here already I have my Mock Exams and then in April revision revision revision and then in May I have my A Level Final CIE exams which end on 27th August, then after that I have to prepare for University Entry tests cause apparently there's... (more »)

Feb. 27 at 6:25 am :
NO WAIT CIEs end on 27th MAY not AUGUST Sheesh!

Feb. 27 at 6:26 am :
oh and it is " mockingjay.hope7" on gmail

Feb. 27 at 7:11 pm :
oh wow! your one busy person lol

Jun. 30 at 4:15 pm :
The origin of my name...wow, that was a while ago. I think the main inspiration was from the poet Claude Mckay, whose poetry has inspired me sometimes, but hasn't been my Muse truly. For whatever reason, I fell in love with the surname and just embraced it. Now I am Mckay. And I think I'll be Mckay for as long as my literary career permits it, assuming my Muse (dormant now) doesn't fade away like the stars at night. 

Jul. 10 at 6:30 pm :
You know I still expect a signed copy of the very famous book of poems you will have in the future. Also, I think I have read some of Claude Mckay's work, it's good. My fav is Dylan Thomas and his poem 'Do Not Go Gentle Into that Good Night'. hope alls well!

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 25 at 2:09 pm:
WHAT? how did you do this?? I won't even tell you it's good. I'll tell you it's genius. ;)

Jan. 29 at 12:37 pm :
Wow, thank you so much. I'm honored. I dunno how this one came about. I was suffering greatly from writers' block. Then one day, I just started writing whatever came to my mind; a sort of stream-of-consciousness, if you will. And poof! I begat this little piece. Thanks for reading and commenting.

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 29 at 7:38 pm :
You're so welcome Mckay. If I must be sincere and honest, I was looking through your work earlier in the week, and I was just baffled by your style and prose. It is so very different from mine, but shares the same power, creativity and honesty that makes poetry such a great art. I'm happy to say that you're one of the best writers I've read here on Teenink, and I'm looking forward to reading future poems! :) Thanks for the many great reads. I would be honored if you could che... (more »)