Watercolors This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Watercolors.
We were watercolors.
I was burgundy,
and you were crimson.

We slid on to each other
and made a runny ugly brown no one
would want to use.

But when our lips first met,
we were an explosion of bright reds,
fireworks,
and the stardust that is left on a little girl's eyelash
every night before she falls asleep.

We were beautiful,
even if for an instant.

KateeRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 22 at 8:01 pm
Omigosh I really like the stardust on a little girls eyelash line! This was really interesting and painted a really clear picture for me; the imagery was great! Good job, I loved it!

Nicolette4455This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 22 at 8:36 pm
Wow, thank you so much! That made me so happy; thanks! :) 

Ride4Life said...
Jan. 22 at 6:59 pm
I just love it. Great work

Jan. 22 at 8:37 pm
Thank you!! :) 

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 22 at 2:45 pm
Beautiful imagery and the last two lines are so haunting :) Soo much good poetry on this site!

Jan. 22 at 8:38 pm
Thanks! :)

Bryn.BThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 21 at 3:18 pm
Gorgeous! The imagery is so vivid.

Jan. 21 at 10:16 pm
Thank you!! :) 

EllyRoseApolloThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 21 at 1:33 pm
I love this; it's beautiful.

Jan. 21 at 10:16 pm
Thank you!! :)