The power of Shadow. | Teen Ink

The power of Shadow.

By Summerrain GOLD, Coldwater, Michigan
Summerrain GOLD, Coldwater, Michigan

you have to live life forwards, but you can only understand it backwards.

Everyday i run try to keep away but they are chasing me, behind the rays of sun they are following, as i turn my lights out i let them kiss me, the shadows crash into me, like a wave into a dusty shore.
A shadow can either be an enemy, or best friend, or even your worst nightmare to your greatest joy, a shadow is a darkened figure morphed to what your mind imagines, but they are shy, only with light
even the demist can these disgusting creatures be discovered. how do you escape them? simply close your eyes, but always remember there is no escape for your imagination, it will follow you forever until
it is time for it to fade away. fear is just you mind, love and emotions are just your mind, without shadow, you'd be a mindless zombie, caged in a room of black with your eyes carved out of your skull
and your ears stabbed out with nails, skin melted off your bones left numb, no pain, no sight, no sound, no feeling, no smell, leaving you with nothing not even imagination can save you, might as well be dead.