The Ghost

She lingers
in the corner,
waiting,
to be spoken to
to be laughed with
to be loved.

But she knows,
they will never let her in
never speak to her
never laugh with her
never love her.

Stripped of
her courage
her dignity
her pride,
she roams
aimlessly,
wanders
sullenly.

A stray dog,
an abandoned orphan,
a lonely beggar,
a torn soul
all too long.

For she is the ghost
amongst the devils
of men.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22 at 2:24 pm
Firstly I must apologize on my lateness for I believe you had requested me to read this poem a while back only I had not read your reply on my forum thread. Hence sorry. Anywho. This poem I felt had much unleashed emotion yet held in. And that you could have made it even better BUT even like this it left an imprint on my mind. Especially with your last three lines "for she is the ghost amongst the devils of men" Just fantastic. You left just enough room for speculation and that was the... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22 at 2:25 pm
so yea "unleashed" and "held in" basically the same thing :P just added for emphasis. Gosh I mess up so many sentences nowadays. Apologies.

skilletrocksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7 at 5:41 pm
i love this it sounds dark yet like shes wanting to be noticed

ninjaballerina1234This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 5 at 4:11 pm
Fantastic! I wish I could write poetry like this. Your words had really good flow and impact and that last line made your poem stand out.

GuardianoftheStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3 at 2:34 pm
Very well written,  You are a talented writer.

buttercup102903 said...
Feb. 3 at 12:46 pm
again really good.

DrkballerinaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 31 at 10:47 pm
I feel as though I can easily relate. Awesome job. I love it!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 31 at 10:23 pm
Gorgeous set-up; I love the imagery and the last line is wonderful: "For she is the ghost amongst the devils of men." This is a beautiful piece, and very relatable. Well done! :)

RoyalCorona said...
Jan. 31 at 5:09 pm
Wow! I loved this and you should really keep writing more free verse! Great job!

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 5:29 pm
Hauntingly beautiful and creative. i loved it !

theblondechickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30 at 1:20 pm
This is creeply amazing. I love the imagery and the word choice. My favorite part was the last two stanzas. Good job 

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28 at 6:34 pm
I love it! I can definitely feel the emotion in your repition and I can definitely to connect to what this girl is going through. The only thing I would say is was a little sticky and lacked flow at the beginning but then it flowed well after that. It's always hard to get the flow of a poem when you read it at first. This was really well written and I enjoyed it a lot! 

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 17 at 4:28 pm
You are very talented at writing free verse!!

VioletRoyalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7 at 11:38 pm
Very well written.  This poem expresses the feelings and emotions associated with loneliness.  Someone that has gone through these emotions will be able to connect with your poem easily.  Enjoyed reading it.  I have no critiques.  All I can say is keep writing poetry, because you have a true gift of incorporating some passion and soul into your poetry.  :)

dinksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 5 at 8:41 pm
Great poem! Such deep meaning with a the use of straight forward sentences, keep it up

SeamanGlori said...
Jan. 4 at 2:43 pm
Super awesome, good job. Isolationism is an interesting and sometimes hard idea to express but you did a fantatstic job. 

mollybug13 said...
Jan. 3 at 11:54 pm
Great poem. I agree with MetalHead36 its beautiful. I can really feel it, 5 stars.

Taconut7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 3 at 1:04 pm
I haven't read Catcher in the Rye before, so I can't relate this poem to the book. But, on the topic of isolation, this really did it justice. When reading the poem I thought of a little child with non loving parents. But like you said in the poem, it can pertain to more than just that. Great job!

MetalHead36 said...
Jan. 1 at 10:54 pm
The language of the poem is beautiful, each emotion goes from one to another in a very organized bridge. Well done. The biggest concern with the poem is the slight randomness of the ending; ghost of what? While it's a nice cliffhanger, the emotional build-up leads to a little-bit confusing ending. Other than that, very well written.

ShahrierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 1 at 5:09 pm
many people feel this way. some only have the illusion of isolation, while others are forced to have the real thing. i read you side comment about cather in the rye after i read the poem, and this is actual sociaty of today. but you probably already know all that im sayin :) nice poem. i liked it.