Cotton Candy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

puffs of sweet fiberglass
dissolve into pink crystals
on the pinnacle of my tongue.

they fall like tickled icicles
puncturing the walls
of my abdomen.

still I consume
the addicting substance,
permitting my body
to slowly commit suicide.

StayStrongButterflyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 27, 2012 at 10:11 am:
A reminder to Stay Strong. <3

ErikNightFanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:52 pm:
Its so such a simple subject yet you make look proffesional and completely awsome. I love the way you wrote this!! Read and comment on mine, please. Thanx:)

writer3499This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm:
Awesome poem and completly relatable! Would you mind commeting on my work?

ImJustAGuy said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 7:38 pm:
Please check out my work, im an upcoming and new writer !

JPanda13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:34 pm:

SO SIMPLE BUT AWESOME!!

dramagurl13 said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:55 am:
Wow- cotton candy seemed like such a simple thing- I love the use of larger words! Super descriptive- I love it!

JuneTazThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 26, 2012 at 9:56 am:
I will never think of cotton candy the same way again.

svds1 said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:27 pm:
Dude I love it!! I hope you don't mind- I have a collection of my favorite poems and I'd love to add this one!! (Cited, of course :)

BlackrosechickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 7:21 am:
Love it! Very well written! <3

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I LOVE THIS! this first words had me captivated!

lulubearlove said...
Jan. 21, 2012 at 11:59 am:
I love how you picked somthing as simple as cotton candy and used such powerful words that made cotton candy seem like some type of god!

scenesoccerqueenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i loved this great way to put cotton candy into use!

BlueEyedGinger said...
agree with shmammm.!(:

shmam7624 said...
Good poem! Evokes feelings like it should.

eliana924This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the twist in this poem. Although I'm wondering if it's a bit melodramatic? Anyway, great poem :)

CoolPapaJames said...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 11:04 am:
Great poem! I liked your use of science to explain what you said. Check out my page and comment if you like my poetry :)

muna.najihahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 10:46 am:
very imagery. and i love cotton candy. nice piece. please check out my piece of work and comment/rate it if you please.

publicdomainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 9:59 am:
I <3 cotton candy

Fia-fia said...

Very good, i doubt many people look at it like that, a whole new perspective and a good one. Thank you

:)

Meredith15 said...
very creative. great imagery