To Ride the Tsunami | Teen Ink

To Ride the Tsunami

December 21, 2013
By StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona
StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona
19 articles 0 photos 79 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."


Three men, a handsome face to each sat peacefully upon a beach they lived their lives here, so you see they spent their days besides the sea No matter what the weather was they stayed together there because they knew that rain or storm or hail would not cause that their peace should fail However out beyond the shore a massive wave with great uproar came hurtling towards the men one day and nearly scared them all away The first one said "We'd better run" and off he went, chasing the sun The second said "We are too late" so he gave up to sit and wait The third, however, saw the wave and would not give in to his grave He grabbed a board and with it ran into the ocean, past the sand And when that wave came hurtling down I'm sad to say the first two drowned but the third man's own life was saved when he stood up and surfed that wave!


The author's comments:

While this can be seen as just a fun story about a guy surfing a Tsunami, I intended on giving it a little more meaning. These men stayed together through all types of hardships because they knew they could overcome them. However when a very big problem arose, they panicked. The first two, which either ran away from it or gave up were quickly swept away. The third, though, made the best of the situation and overcame it. So dont let your trials get the best of you. Instead, surf that wave!