a song for my daughter (with her eyes on the stars:aged 25) This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I want you to be aware of her ability to be cruel, her natural inclination to deny the existence of her emotions, her ability to ignore people who mean the most to her, and her talents at exceptional hatred. Have you noticed that in me? (I am your mother, but I’ve made those mistakes). I grew dependant, I’ve used those to escape the situations I couldn’t handle normally, I’ve used them as excuses, as ruthless manners to cover up an equally innate sense of emotional cowardice.

There is blood inside of you, which means there is fear, there is hate, there is love and there is lust., but that’s okay- you’re a human, you’re a little mini fem-Jesus so you embrace that. Take that boy and kiss him and love him, hate his guts when he makes you cry, throw potted plants at him when he calls you a w**** from the sidewalk below the balcony. Be that spiteful black swan if for no reason other than you can: acknowledge it, be vile.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

HellishRequiemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 29 at 8:42 pm:
you have a really enjoyable style...it's almost spiteful and i like that