Don't Fall In Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Don't fall in love with a girl who reads
she'll over-analyze every word
and she'll never understand why
people aren't paperbacks
and she'll write in your corners
search for a plot in your veins
and make a metaphor of your broken heart

don't fall in love with a girl who reads
she'll make notes in your margins
and skip to the good parts
she'll bend your spine back
just a little too far
and when she's sleepy
she'll skim pages
always forgetting her place

because she'll fall in love with
last chapters and final words
and the ending will always be
her favorite part

writing.is.my.life.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 3 at 8:08 pm:
Wow...this is beautiful! The concept is really awesome I really can't find anything wrong with it. hey, if you could check out my poem "The Self-Proclaimed Architect" that would be great!

JulePearl said...
The metaphors are amazing! Wonderful, beautiful work!! Great job!

Claire_Eliza26 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:21 pm :
Everyone is too kind! Thank you

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like this:)

CharliBrown said...
This is perfect!

Anon.WriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:38 am:
Wow! This is such a great poem! I was blown away! Please keep writing!

Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:22 pm :
Glad to hear it:)

asofnow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really enjoyed this. Let me guess.. this idea was from the popular essay "Date a girl who reads" It was a nice twist!

Dec. 21, 2013 at 9:46 am :
I actually ave never read that essay.. it sounds interesting. I will have to check it out!

TheMoonStillFollowsMeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:40 am:
May I applaud you on this brilliant poem? Yes? *clap clap clap*   Amazing. Im adding it to my favorites. Great job!

Zoya_Khan replied...
Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:09 am :
Nice :) :) :)

Dec. 21, 2013 at 9:46 am :
Thank you both so much:)