Torrent

The words that I have stolen,
From the rains of which I’m woven,
Do not mingle within the truth;
rather, lies - tell tales of youth,
Of foolish plots and lazy curves
Forged hazards to that they serve;
For I am not their master and their master is not I.

The worlds I have mingled
From the mind of mine so single,
Twist within themselves, do bend;
Yet not a drop serves to mend,
To heal wounds left lone to dust
Left in shadow only to rust;
For infection spreads as silence and as silence spreads infection.

The wonders I have guarded
From the world that they have parted,
Blend hazed blurs over time,
Now mold to whimsy mime;
Flimsy boundaries bend, so close to bent;
Whimsy walls cave in - their lives gone spent;
For time is not endurance and endurance is not time.

The waters I have stolen, pilfer--
From rainfalls of liquid silver,
Pool together into stories,
Rich in wonder, forge new glories;
Forge new words and worlds and wonders;
Into waters - and so the plunders,
For they follow only the one;
Torrent.

Z.V.Oksana said...
Jun. 10 at 6:26 pm
I've read a few of your articles, and I've concluded that your type of writing is such a rarity. You have your own personal, descriptive rhythm to most of the stories and poetry you write, and it's absolutely gorgeous.  I really loved the rhythm and time of this poem. It's nice to read something and have it flow perfectly in your head. Keep using that beautiful vocabulary of yours!

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 11 at 5:44 pm
Thank you so much! 

Finch.B said...
Mar. 31 at 12:39 pm
This is beautiful.

Apr. 1 at 5:24 pm
Thank you! 

RoyalCorona said...
Jan. 31 at 5:06 pm
I really liked this! Great job!

Feb. 19 at 5:35 pm
Thanks! I guess some good can come out of doing a biography of Edgar Allan Poe, and his works... 

LOL_347 said...
Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:18 am
the first verse got me hooked, honestly, i feel like there are holes in my body. cool poem bro

Aw, thanks. I'm glad you like it. I had to print out an Edgar Allan Poe poem online then started thinking up these cool verses and found some rhymes (thank god for google) that actually worked pretty well. Thank you!

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:03 am
I followed Edgar Allan Poe's general style for this, with the rhythm and rhyming sequencing. I'm more of a novelist rather than a poet, but I try. Please tell me what you think. :)