Be Thankful

The breeze is blowing
I’m alone.
The trees are glowing
It’s time to go.

The snow is falling,
The ants are crawling.
The birds are calling,
I’m just walking.

My path is clear
The end is near.
The sky is lit
I’m finally here.

You get to live,
I get to die,
It’s finally my time.

Filling the night
But with no fright.
I’m walking,
Just into the light.

Be thankful for the life God gave you. Not everyone is having their family this year. Be thankful for everything.

DragonBlue This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 9:37 am:
This was a touching piece. Everything went well with the point you were resonating from this piece of poetry. Well done.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 10:15 am :
II like the pain flowing so steady with the words, and the lines 'You get to live, I get to die' were particularly touching. However, I'm not so sure about the title. Hope you're okay with constructive criticism :) Nice work! Would you mind checking some of my works too? Thanks!

yesterday at 10:17 am :
Meant to be a new comment, sorry!

f_logicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:57 am :
Thank you both, i will take that into consideration. :)