"An Ode to Drama" | Teen Ink

"An Ode to Drama"

November 23, 2013
By 24601 SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky
24601 SILVER, Louisville, Kentucky
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Its not who I am, its what I do that defines me."-Batman "Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense."-The Comedian.


It was once said that drama is reality with all the boring parts taken out.
Imagine if our entire lives were like dramas, all the dry moments removed.
Instead of just being simply born from your mother’s womb screaming and crying…
The angles of heaven and everyone witnessing the miracle of your birth cried in awe and wonder of your glowing existence entering the world.
Instead of playing the piano for the first time and struggling to play a single piece
You play for the first time and you play a piece that sounds so beautiful that your peers recognize you as a young prodigy.
Instead of your first kiss being just a small peck on the cheek
Your first kiss was long, passionate and you and your significant other made love that shock the earth and even brought God to his knees it was so graceful.
Instead of barely surviving in combat
You and your allies fought bravely and hard for they’re cause
And even though some of your brothers and sisters were killed in action
You and the rest of your allies arose victorious, battle scars and all.
Instead of being an old, grumpy and tired man
You’re an experienced and adventurous old-man in his physical and mental prime who always has an exciting story to tell his grandchildren from an age you saw as golden and pure.
Finally instead of dying slowly on your bed
You go out doing what you love in one last adventure, going out with a bang. Your last bow
Because drama is reality with all the boring parts taken out.
Curtains.


The author's comments:
This poem is based on something the famous director Alfred Hitchcock said which was that "Drama is reality, with all the boring parts taken out." Granted I interpret his saying as romanticizing life instead actually taking events and editing out all the parts that don't serve a story, but I would still like to give credit to Alfred Hitchcock for the inspiration.