Eleven Minutes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

11 minutes
All lives can change in a matter of 11 minutes
It's all about how you break it down

1 minute to realize you're not the same person anymore

1 minute to cry about it

30 seconds to share a kiss in front of everybody
That was never intended for you

Spend the other 30 seconds laughing silently at the people who saw, their eyes wide open

Take 3 minutes for the hands to run their course around the clock or your body, because who knows which is which anymore

Spend another 30 seconds crying about it

Spend 2 minutes accepting God

Spend 1 minute kissing again

Spend 30 seconds trying to get rid of the voices in your head, telling you it's wrong
What do they know?

Spend your last minute giving up, because nothing can get back the eleven minutes you wasted.

Time cannot be bought, only sold
And you've already spent them

jennag4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:40 am:
thank you so much!  

PixieniumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:23 am:
This is so beautiful!

lexiibealeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 7:03 pm:
Wow, this is a very powerful piece.

Brownie103 said...
You have true potential i love all of your work!!! Keep it up love