prose poem iii: time to sleep This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

noun
the emergence of a baby or other young from the body of its mother; the start of life as a physically separate being.

I came onto this earth after six times of clawing at my mother’s womb; she still has the scars inside of her. they bleed each month when the moon and the sun cross paths in the sky; when the sky turns violent, her body turns violent and my daddy has to comfort her back to sleep. red claws pour out from her- i can hear her cries from behind two sets of locked doors; push me out of the house, i do not belong in the house at this time.

physically separate.

that is my best defect -an abhorrence of singularity resulted in eternal desires to climb right back into another human being.

verb
(of a person, animal, or plant) stop living.

I remember looking to the sky, seeing stars implode on themselves and wishing that I could do the same; take my soul and pull it out of me and watch it expand, expand on the midsummer sky, i mentioned before: my desire was to merge into another, to give rise to a rebirth of myself.

That is not entirely true.

I want to be encompassing. I want to suffocate those who breathe in my compassion, who dare to ask for my assistance, who dare move into my radius.

adjective
1.. of the very darkest color owing to the absence of or complete absorption of light; the opposite of white.

Absorption is a skill I was born with, allow me to demonstrate the measures of my capacity.