when you asked why This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

because she is a hurricane
of confidence and joy and freedom
and all i want to do is get swept up.
because she is the center
of all our adventures,
the catalyst for all our friendships,
she is the glue
and the reason at the end
why our motley crew
means love to me.
because she is not pure but she is precious
imperfect, bright, alive
and she has danced up a storm here on earth
that sent her to the stars.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18 at 6:52 pm:
Congratulations, dear, on the publication of this marvelous work. Your poetry always inspires me. It's made me the writer that I am and will be. When I read your work, I strive to be 1% as good as your are. Congratscongratscongrats! I've missed chatting with you. I never forget you wonderful people, my literary siblings/contemporaries/lovers/friends/partners-in-crime. ~~Mckay. 

Jan. 13 at 6:24 pm:
You lovely, lovely, you. I've yet to forget the wonderful friend you are to me and above all else the talented, creative artist you are as a writer. Forgive me for haven't logging on that much lately. Unfortunately the "real life" has kept me far too occupied to come back to this site. Nevertheless, I don't forget some of the lovely people who accepted with arms wide open, and nurtured my "children" with love and appreciation. It's poems like this that bring m... (more »)

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 14 at 3:38 pm :
Ah, dear friend. It's been a while!! My laptop broke this November and so I admit to being a little scarce as wel.. So it goes, tis the season of our growings-up. Pretty soon we won't even be able to call ourselves teens anymore. Have to find spots for our thoughts in the grown-up world... Scary stuff. As for the poem- it brings me joy to find you can still feel what I have felt in creating my poetry. I haven't lost my touch! Haha. I looked into Richard Carver as soon as you mentione... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 21 at 12:40 pm :
So wonderful to hear back from you. I will do anything (anything? anything!) to overcome that stumbling block. And yes, I fear the coming of age. Though, wait for it like an expectant child. Early this morning, I ead this poem called "Spring Lights" (if I remember correctly) by John Ashberry: it reminded me so much of your work. Keep up your marvelous writing. You won't loose your magic touch.

sydneyparker said...
There is so much love and compassion in this poem. It flows beautifully and the words fit perfectly with each other. I love your style and the emotion you write with. I can't wait to read more of your work :)