Jupiter's Moons

When I’m craving
a pizza out of this
world, I turn to
the seemingly cheese covered,
tomato speckled
Lo.
When I’m feeling
restless in my
small town,
I take my rocket ship
to the cold, foreign lands of
Europa.
When I’m yearning
for some excitement,
I skate as fast as a
comet, along the
ice-covered curves of
Ganymede.
When I’m warily
waiting for sleep to come,
my dreams float through
the stars to the
sleeping surfaces of
Callisto.

RoyalCorona said...
Feb. 3 at 7:26 am:
I loved this! I completely understood it being a little bit of an astronomy nerd. Wow! I just really loved this one!

dinksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 22 at 6:38 pm :
Thank you :)

Shahrier said...
Jan. 4 at 7:34 pm:
i read authors comment first and then the poem. lol, as soon i see "craving pizza" i started lauging. i love the visuals in the poem as well as the consept of dreaming about leaving "this world" to a literal meaning. only critique i could say is, in the end of the poem, you could have added a conclusion of some sorts. it feels unfinished to me. bring everything together in the end and find a reason for the words that came before. ( can you also look at my poems. that would be... (more »)

Jan. 5 at 8:35 pm :
Hahaha, thank you so much!