Goodbye Legos, Hello World

Remember back when we were kids,
when we would build forts and miniature
sanctuaries
from the pillows, blankets, and chairs
lying around the house,
sneaking past our parent’s peripherals,
indulging in pure imagination and freedom?
Remember back when we would hide out in our rooms
for hours,
creating a whole new planet from dust
that satisfied our tastes,
our craving for adventure and solitude from reality?
Do you remember?

But then as our fantasy reached its peak,
the heavy winds started to roll in,
as homework and sports slowly approached
in a cloud formation
our second home began to fall,
corroded by the incoming storm.
Pillows upon blankets upon chairs
subsided on our bedroom floors
as our childhood collapsed.

The end to a century-long empire.

So where have those days gone?
Why has my creativity vanished?

BatmansMyJam said...
Feb. 5 at 2:56 am:
Right in the feels(: I really liked this, because of course I can relate. I've a problem with nostalgia. I usually don't like unrhyming poetry, but I didn't even notice. Excellent work! (I'm an Eminen fan too, by the way!)

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 10:54 pm :
Thank you, glad you liked it! It's awesome that you're an Eminem fan too! Do you like his new album?

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I apologize...I don't know why my comment posted twice.

Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:27 pm :
Its ok, and I am going to try my very best on that puzzle, I promise. I just haven't gotten to it yet, but I will soon.

Wow! This is amazing!! (I could go on talking about it....) I hope that one day, I will write as good as you!  

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:44 pm :
P.S. I don't mean to take away from your peice, but I was hoping you would do the "Infinite Cosmos" challenge.... http://teenink.com/poetry/haiku/article/587777/Infinite-Cosmos/

Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:46 pm :
P.S. I don't mean to take away from the piece, but I was hoping you would read my poem entitled "Infinite Cosmos," and do the challenge. I would love to hear what you think! Don't stop writing! ~Fan

Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:44 pm :
I really appreciate your feedback Ellie, you truly are one of a kind with your beautiful work and your kind words. Thank you. And I WILL properly decipher that poem.........I am on it!

Nov. 12, 2013 at 6:51 pm :
You just made my day! You are the best :D