Insecurity

I don’t see the flaw
Or the insecurity.

I just see a person:
The best at everything,
The most popular one
In every circle.

I fought to build
The friendship we have,
That’s why it hurts
That I’ve let you down.

I now see
You’re as insecure as me
But I still say
You’re better than me.

LaChouetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 9 at 7:12 pm:
I really liked the premise. The way you wrote it made it very compelling. Your spelling is great and your grammar is pretty consistent. I do think you might want to word your third stanza a little differently or add another. I feel like there's a little jump between the portion where you talk about you letting this person down and seeing that they're insecure as well. That's my only criticism. Otherwise, this is a nicely written piece. Great Job!

ChrisTid7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 11:43 pm :
I see what you mean by the jump and I am thinking of a way to tie it all together now. Thanks!

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 8 at 5:43 am:
I liked the way you began it, and of course, your theme is relatable. Nice writing!!

Nov. 9 at 1:50 am :
Thanks! I really liked that part too!

mynameisnothabibThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 6 at 9:53 am:
I like this poem, and i know how you feel. Jealousy is the worst thing ever, especially when its your favorite person. Keep up your good writing!(:

Nov. 6 at 10:25 pm :
I feel that it works because it's not like I'm the only one who is in this situation or who has been in it. Thanks!!!

twitte14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 5 at 7:09 pm:
Very interesting poem. I like this a lot. Keep writing :)

Nov. 5 at 7:43 pm :
Thanks twitte14!