syllu nos This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i am a ghost
climbing down ladders
to squat outside
in the mud of my own mind
and squint
at the tilted moon
trembling hands pressed
to my trembling thighs
in my best friend's sweater
and the ocean roars
with the stars
all conspiring
to confound me
but i only stare, only
stare,
only stare.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I must say that the title has me wondering its meaning. Also, I'm startled by the marvelous simplicity with which you wrote this poem. The imagery is haunting and visionary. Congrats on another Editors' Choice. I'm a huge fan of the last six lines:    "with the stars all conspiring to confound me but i only stare, only stare, only stare."   Often, I find myself in the same position, staring stupidly at the stars, wondering what the h*ll they... (more »)

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm :
Something like "night stare" in Welsh is wha tI was going for. IDUNNO. I'm on this little, I-am-sick-of-making-my-titles-in-English stint. Bear with me, my dear.. I have stopped wondering what the stars have in store for me. I have no romantic delusions. They are just stars. But they make a damned good poem when you sneak outside to look at them and realize that the whole universe around you is roaring. What right, then, have we to roar, and expect to be heard at all?

Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm :
Again, Google Translate may fail me here, but it's meant to Welsh for something like "night stare". I'M JUST TOO COOL FOR ENGLISH NOW. Hahaha. Thanks for the feedback, you magnificent human, you :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:43 pm :
Too cool for English? Nice. XD English is a beautiful language. Nonetheless, there are so many others that are just as beautiful. And to be able to speak other languages is a marvelous talent, making you a magnificant human. 

Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:17 pm :
I surely wish I could speak other languages. Hahaha.

yesterday at 8:18 pm :
A belated congratulations to the publication of the spectacular poem. Your delicious words gracing the pages of this magazine never tire me. Congratscongratscongrats! So sorry I didn't comment earlier. Growing up takes too much time from all the small pleasures this world offers. Alas, we must carry on. ~~Yours truly. 

today at 3:46 pm :
Hi, hon!! I understand about the growing uppp. Ugh. This month I have exactly zero days off from anything. Nngh.
Speaking of congrats, got my February issue and I saw a couple brilliant pieces by the esteemed Mckay! Honour as always to share print with such a lovely literary collgeague <3