Agnostic, At Best

They talk of piety
Where there is only agnosticism,
At best

And I know that for myself I keep many idols
That sometimes seem like the
Real thing

But I only end up serving slaves
Instead of
Masters

It just takes a while to realize how
Trivial
My must-haves and feel-goods
Really are

And so in worship I hear the preacher
As he talks of thanks-giving
To a higher
Power

But when it comes times to bow our heads,
I pray with my eyes
Open.

HornyUnicorn69This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:04 pm:
True wisdom. This is how I feel. I do not know if there is a God anymore, based on personal experiences that have changed the way I view things. Beautifully written simple and short, yet powerful.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:20 am:
OHHH MYYYY GGGOOOOSSSHHH!   this is one powerful poem. i really like it:)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 1:46 pm:
That is such a gorgeous last stanza. Like, seriously, it's sort of breathtaking. I really appreciate the poems that you write about religion, because I feel like a lot of the ideas you have are very similar to some of mine. (:

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 6:24 pm :
Thank you so much! These kinds of poems mean the most to me, I'm glad you like them (: