Another Metaphor of Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

bubbles.
god’s just a little kid
with a big bottle
of Miracle Bubbles
and a wand
dipping, blowing these
bubbles
all doomed to

pop

at one point or another.
they either drop
too fast, before
he can catch them,
or the biggest ones
pop!
before they’ve even
been launched.
it’s the little ones
that leave quietly
and take their time

gently

drifting

down

everyone leaves a mark,
you know,
but sooner or later
they’ve all evaporated.

Ghost_RyderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:52 pm
Beautiful! Just amazing! Good metaphor! XD

ClaranevsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:42 am
Wow. That was beautiful!

KingKamidere-Sama said...
May 1 at 1:36 pm
It's true. I, as well, have considered this fact to be true. Peoples lives are almost nothing compared to the infinite miles beyond of solar system. It's a very deep thing to think about do I admire your ability to be able to consider it and be able to even make it into a metaphor.

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 17 at 10:55 pm
whoa ... this got me thinking.

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 2:57 pm
I'm not sure I wound compare God to a little kid, but I love the comparison between life and bubbles. The bible says that life is like a vapor in the wind, there then gone. Much like bubbles.

emmastowe1 said...
really great. Creative and truly enjoyed reading it! :)

DonovanG7 said...
Nov. 20, 2015 at 9:42 am
I enjoy your portrayal of God as “just a little kid” and everyone as bubbles that are “all doomed to pop” at one point or another, and feel that it works well as a philosophical metaphor.

EdgarAllanPoe said...
needs more crows

HaleyD.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 5, 2015 at 10:58 am
This poem is so interesting & beautiful that I decided to share it with my creative writing class. This metaphor is so unique and easy to picture.

Athena098 said...
Wow this is beautiful. I love the metaphor.

SkylerEldredgeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Amazing, please check out my work

GeorgiaL said...
Apr. 19, 2015 at 7:01 am
This is really interesting, I like it a lot!

Anyuhhhh said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 11:01 am
This metaphor is written really well and it is unique and creative. I loved how you compared the two and really made us think, although I would suggest the format a little better organized. In the end, it was a really well written piece and I love your work.

Athena17 said...
Such an intellegent metaphor! This is a beautiful poem :) 

Mandy22 said...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:55 am
Beautiful.

ElmoCarlon said...
I love this (:

wuasa said...
Nice poem, I really love how you see god through your own perspective

RandomPoet said...
Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:59 am
This poem is great truley great!. I love how you compare humans to bubbles. What i got from this to be honest is the bubbles are our mistakes but thats just me. I see things differently from people when it comes to writing, becuase writing can be taken and percepted in so manys ways and pulled in so many diferent directions. This is a wonderful poem! Keep up the amazing work.

Zithia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem. It's great.  But, I don't want to know that its a metaphor.  Let the reader figure that out on their own.  Leave some mystery.  It is so much less enticing if you explain the poem in the title.  As a reader I want to contemplate the poem.  Think.  For hours.  Don't give everything away.  Its not a very complicated metaphor so if you just let readers figure it out on their own the poem would be much more memorable.  A... (more »)

Forbidden1 said...
So true! Love your poem! What you said/wrote down is so true. We really are like bubbles, destined to pop in the end.