Acceptance

The sun goes up
and the sun goes down,
and we watch it go
and we let it go.
We let everything go,
we have no choice--
we just watch it go--
and sometimes
there is no "good-bye."

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:17 am
this sure is nice. And the title is wonderfully suited and I like it even more as if reminds me of this song I heard recently on the suggestion of a friend "Glad You Came" by "The Wanted" ,, the lyrics go as such : "The sun goes down The stars come out And all that counts Is here and now My universe will never be the same I'm glad you came"  So you mus get why I somehow sang your peom :P Apologies. And well, the last five lines were epic!

StarlitSunrise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the simplicity of this poem, and I think the meaning comes across quite clearly. Good work! :)

mytherna This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this poem. It has a deeper meaning behind the simple text. I love when poetry does that! However, I would have personally added something more about the similarities between the sun going down and someone leaving. Otherwise, I think it's perfect! :D

AnInkling said...
I REALLY like the poem and the idea! The repetition of words really makes it meaningful (though you need to capitalize each word at the begining of each line). My only suggestion is that it would be nice to see a more descriptive stanza before that one. Or it could be cool if you started with that stanza you wrote, then wrote a really descriptive stanza and then ended with your begining stanza. That could be cool.

TheCapturedBat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sad, lovely, and meaningful

felicity123456789 said...
i really liked your poem

Rayynbow replied...
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the feeling of unwillingness to let go but also that knowing that there's no other choice. Very simple but relatable.

Rayynbow replied...
Glad you can relate. Thanks for the comment! C: