Tower walls

Upon galloping feet the meadows are my vast adventures,
The dancing grass tickling my bare feet,
As my hands soar to caught the kaleidoscope butterflies,
Yearning for even the tiniest grasp of the freedom I strive to achieve,
And then outside the tower doors steps out my father's glaze set hold on top of me like I am one of his specimen in his glass caged, Another display he keeps in pride in storing it away for all eternity,
In quickened haste he sweeps me off my feet, the wooden doors destroying the last glimpse of the world I sneaked,
His voice erupts from every corner of the tower the chains rattling on there place beside my bed post,
He says " this world is doomed unsafe for such a fragile self like you, that a princess must stay in the tower away from all the rest"
He comes so ever close to me his hot steamy breath and he whispers three little words that keeps me frozen,
Daddy knows best,
Over and over in this endless cycle,
Older and older I remain caged away in this tower of his,
As I star out with longing to the world. just out of reach,
My daddy's words echoed like a menacing shadow,
Never leaving,
Always suffocating me,
Daddy knows best

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:24 pm:
Great job! XD

HellishRequiemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 29 at 8:29 pm:
menacing shadow love it

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 4:37 pm:
This is truly outstanding! "Kaleidoscope butterflies..." Sometimes I wonder how you come up with such powerful words :P I love the tower theme; unique and effective. This is a poem you just have to read again and again :P Yay Luna!! :P

KaylaaLoveeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:05 am:
Great despcriptive words! LOve the imagrey u created !

Calliashi said...
Fascinating poem! It reminds me a lot of Disney's Tangled. This poem almost seemed like it could be made into a story with the long lines yet it fit as a poem. It was a great read :) Also I think you meant "deemed" rather than "doomed". Just a small grammatical error.

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
so close- i've said this to others i've reviewed, and yours in one of the closest. you're nearing a style of poetry that i adore, and honestly, i can't wait to watch your writing develop and mature alongside you. it's going to be great watching you spit out pieces of greatness.