used to This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

when I cry in my sleep I'm not crying for you.
it's for the
ever-so-slight strand of something golden in your voice
which has recently unraveled into sour words,
it's for the
seashells in the ocean of your eyes,
that no longer hum rhythms of our love when you hold them up to
your ear,
and it's for the
march in your fingers,
the way you once touched me like spring's coming and
I look even more beautiful
with all the flowers out.

when I cry in my sleep,
I'm not crying for you.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The emotion and the feeling in this poem is one that I feel so many readers can relate to. The simplicity of the imagery makes that poem stand out more than other poems. It's the little things in life that are memorable. And I like the last two lines: the firmness in them imbued with the determination, and the sort of trying-to-convince yourself-as-well-feeling. Congrats on the Editors' Choice. 

ekarnes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you so much! that's definitely what i was going for, especially with the last line. one thing though- how do you know this was an editor's choice? i'm new here and i don't see the red check next to this.

jazzyjessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is absolutely beautiful! i love the imagery you put here, and i like the idea that you're not really crying for someone, but the qualities in that someone that you miss. this is really stunning.

thank you so much, i really appreciate it!