and he wanted to say “bye-bye” This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Reflection in the mirror comes from
cut-up pieces of diagnoses that litter
the wastebasket
in my corner.

My eyes are covered with duct tape
fabrics, and tongue decompressers. My
eyes can no longer taste the crystal
sugars as they fall onto my lashes

and latex gashes
drip down to the waist, where the therapist said
kids could be cut out of.
The doctor said no, he had a

frown on his face, as if anyone had the
intention of listening to his swollen words.
with that piece of paper pasted onto the walls
by the sticky cells.

metal freezes my skin on c o n t a c t
there's nothing else
that condenses a fluid better than
your skin
on mine
which is why i'm here
and again, i can't leave.

in the mirror there are bones, jutting out from angles,
welded together, but they're rusting now,
you're not listening, you're not listening again
(we're kicking inside of mummy's stomach,)
mummy's rolling in her grave, seeing her
daughter
tied up in white on silver beds
not the wedding she imagined
but she's too late, my bent-up toenails
jut out from white heels
(with each step down the line
we leave a crumb trail of blood)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 12:30 pm:
Hullo, Madame Ada, I've missed you all this time I've been away from this site. But not forgotten your wonderful work. Congrats on another publication! I knew the moment I began reading your work that you were one to watch out for.

KenzicoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
really, really good. its eerie and scary and beautiful, congrats on the editors choice!

Madame Ada, this is magnifique! The imagery—twisted, eerie, and at times innocent—is f l a w l e s s. This poem reminds me of Plath's troubled life (shock therapy, suicide attempts, depression, failing marriage, unsteady career). Congrats on another Editors' Choice. The last stanza is my favorite. By the way, great title.