I'm Going to Change the World

I am of no consequence.
Such a pretentious phrase.
As if no one loves me
Or ever could.

Attention-seeker.
No.
I refused to be labeled.
I do not seek attention.
I merely want my voice
To fly above others.

"Is there a difference?"
My brain asks.
But my heart stubbornly argues
That I'm not a drama queen,
Hungry for the stares of the passerby.

No, my heart chooses to believe
That I may amount to something more
Than whispered words of no consequence.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 15 at 12:03 pm:
Oh, Wow, I love the many contractions. Amazing writing and something different from the usual. Not that those aren't amazing. This is just a different style and I love both of yours. Way to go Krasota. Amazing poem. The last three lines were truly filled with meaning.

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 3:23 pm :
Thank you! This was truly written on the spur of the moment. If you would like me to read any of your works, please let me know :D

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 1:11 am :
Hey, I simply canno believe I messed up so much LOL, that word wasn''t 'contractions" it was supposed to be "contradictions"..sheeshh such typos.. and hey, I would love it if you came snooping around my work I have posted some new ones lately but I must apologize to say that I cannot recall which ones you've read and which ones you haven't so just go there and obviously you'll know which you haven't and then read that. Thank so much. Love always.

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 10 at 9:43 pm:
Wow! Absolutely amazing [as always ;)]. I am a huge fan, and it would mean the world if you could read my new haiku entitled "There Is Rest for the Weary." Thanks!

Nov. 10 at 10:41 pm :
Thank you! I did :)

411EllieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 10 at 10:45 pm :
You're the best :)

Nov. 11 at 10:59 am :
I hate to ask this of you, but would you please read my haiku "Infinite Cosmos"? I spent a lot of time on it, and I would really like your feedback. Thanks :)

Nov. 12 at 9:04 pm :
I can't analyze your piece tonight as I am bogged down with work, but I'll try my best to do so tomorrow :)

Nov. 12 at 9:16 pm :
Thank you!!