The Queen of Cauterization This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I am the Queen of Cauterization.
I shape blisters into bandages
and use licking flames to tame the forest fire.
If you get too near to me
you may find that you too begin to smolder
struck by the matchsticks
I hide under my skin.

You should not be offended;
this is not my defense.
Take it as a battle wound
a red-hot blade
pressed into the gaping wound
I will tear into your chest.
See, I'm helping you:
I'm just burning you
before you can bleed.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 5:57 pm:
The twisted-ness of the imagery is simply captivating. Congrats congrats congrats on the Editors' Choice. You're simply talented. 

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 1 at 10:13 am:
Amazing.... just amazing. Perfection like this does not deserve to be dissected and disscussed. You just have to revel in its beauty.  

willagraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 1 at 6:30 pm :
Thank you so much!

RainyMoodThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 30 at 11:43 pm:
Wow...now that was good. Amazing...truly

PotsnPansThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 30 at 6:25 am:
Dang, girl. This is awesome. I absolutely love it, honestly. Not a thing to change. It's so raw and open. Perfect.

Sep. 30 at 10:44 pm :
Thank you so much!