The Hardest Thing Ever | Teen Ink

The Hardest Thing Ever

By BrooklynBeauty SILVER, Virginia Beach, Virginia
BrooklynBeauty SILVER, Virginia Beach, Virginia

If you believe you can achieve.
Your dreams can come true.

“Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew”

She sat there thinking about a saying that she heard when she was little. She thought it was the stupidest thing in the world. But now she realizes that she is wrong. She thought that she would be able to forget him but she can’t. He is her true love, Her Romeo to her Juliet. And trying to forget him is the hardest thing in the world. And it’s killing her inside.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

For me, personally, this poem is slightly too prosaic. I'd prefer a little more poetical elements to it, for a flowing poem. I like what you're saying in the poem. I like how most of your poems have this "she" person. It makes the reader wonder who "she" is. Just expand your poem a little more. Who is this other person? What are her internal thoughts? What does she think of this other person? It's not enough to say she loves him, he's her Romeo. You need to elaborate those feelings. Become "she" if you aren't her. It's a tough thing to do. But you have to become vulnerable, become the speaker and whoever the poem is about. Only until then will your poems seem personal and genuine. Again, don't take this the wrong way. Keep writing, even though it's hard. All you need is to harness your talent.