If I Close my Eyes

If I close my eyes,
I am a princess
wearing silk draped around me and
gold around my fingertips.

If I close my eyes,
I am riding a white horse
over a meadow with wildflowers,
oh how she runs!

If I close my eyes,
I am dancing with fairies
in a circle of community
somehow I keep up with their twirls.

If I close my eyes,
I am standing on a clifftop
I jump off, but don't fall
instead I fly with the dragons.

When I open my eyes
I realize I should focus.
Enough, but not enough,
so that I can't go back.

StarGazer9This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:30 pm:
Well one thing's for sure, you have a great imagination :) Enjoyed the whole thing, so great job!

PixiePoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 7:07 pm :
Thank you . . . that means a bunch.

ZeesrockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 21 at 1:02 pm:
I don't know what happened but I was trapped inside the poem...You really are a pixiepoet lol

Sep. 22 at 8:49 pm :
Aww, thanks!!  It's what I aim for, you know?  :D

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 21 at 2:56 am:
hahaha, the abrupt end was kind of VERY suitable for the entire poem structure. And such nice and familiar images this created. Good poem. My favourite part was "I jump off, but don't fall.... instead I fly with dragons." 

Sep. 21 at 10:01 am :
Thank you!  That line's one of my favorite's, too.  It's the line that sparked the whole poem, I think.  Thanks for commenting!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 22 at 8:27 am :
Oh Wow. I guess I picked up the essence and put it close to my heart. You're Welcome because it was a pleasure.