If I Close my Eyes | Teen Ink

If I Close my Eyes

By PixiePoet GOLD, Woodbine, Maryland
PixiePoet GOLD, Woodbine, Maryland

"We must not lose this sense of possibility because in the end, it's all we have." - Marina Keegan

If I close my eyes,
I am a princess
wearing silk draped around me and
gold around my fingertips.

If I close my eyes,
I am riding a white horse
over a meadow with wildflowers,
oh how she runs!

If I close my eyes,
I am dancing with fairies
in a circle of community
somehow I keep up with their twirls.

If I close my eyes,
I am standing on a clifftop
I jump off, but don't fall
instead I fly with the dragons.

When I open my eyes
I realize I should focus.
Enough, but not enough,
so that I can't go back.

This is just a fun piece that I hope you enjoy.

PixiePoet GOLD said...
PixiePoet GOLD, Woodbine, Maryland

Thank you . . . that means a bunch.

StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

Well one thing's for sure, you have a great imagination :) Enjoyed the whole thing, so great job!

PixiePoet GOLD said...
PixiePoet GOLD, Woodbine, Maryland

Aww, thanks!!  It's what I aim for, you know?  :D

on Sep. 22 2013 at 8:27 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Oh Wow. I guess I picked up the essence and put it close to my heart. You're Welcome because it was a pleasure.

CelebrateDifferences, Long Island, New York

“Gods of Olympus.” Piper stared at Leo. “What happened to you?”
His hair was greased back. He had welding goggles on his forehead, a lipstick mark on his cheek, tattoos all over his arms, and a T-shirt that read HOT STUFF, BAD BOY, and TEAM LEO.
“Long story,” he said.”

I don't know what happened but I was trapped inside the poem...You really are a pixiepoet lol

PixiePoet GOLD said...
on Sep. 21 2013 at 10:01 am
PixiePoet GOLD, Woodbine, Maryland

Thank you!  That line's one of my favorite's, too.  It's the line that sparked the whole poem, I think.  Thanks for commenting!

on Sep. 21 2013 at 2:56 am

- Maya Angelou

hahaha, the abrupt end was kind of VERY suitable for the entire poem structure. And such nice and familiar images this created. Good poem. My favourite part was "I jump off, but don't fall.... instead I fly with dragons."