If I Close my Eyes

If I close my eyes,
I am a princess
wearing silk draped around me and
gold around my fingertips.

If I close my eyes,
I am riding a white horse
over a meadow with wildflowers,
oh how she runs!

If I close my eyes,
I am dancing with fairies
in a circle of community
somehow I keep up with their twirls.

If I close my eyes,
I am standing on a clifftop
I jump off, but don't fall
instead I fly with the dragons.

When I open my eyes
I realize I should focus.
Enough, but not enough,
so that I can't go back.

StarGazer9 said...
Well one thing's for sure, you have a great imagination :) Enjoyed the whole thing, so great job!

PixiePoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you . . . that means a bunch.

Zeesrock said...
I don't know what happened but I was trapped inside the poem...You really are a pixiepoet lol

Aww, thanks!!  It's what I aim for, you know?  :D

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 21, 2013 at 2:56 am
hahaha, the abrupt end was kind of VERY suitable for the entire poem structure. And such nice and familiar images this created. Good poem. My favourite part was "I jump off, but don't fall.... instead I fly with dragons." 

Sept. 21, 2013 at 10:01 am
Thank you!  That line's one of my favorite's, too.  It's the line that sparked the whole poem, I think.  Thanks for commenting!

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 22, 2013 at 8:27 am
Oh Wow. I guess I picked up the essence and put it close to my heart. You're Welcome because it was a pleasure.