the writer’s fate This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

upstairs, sitting smugly on mahogany,
is a typewriter that's punching in my dreams
and draining my soul like a broken tap;
that “drip-click-drip-click” is tearing
my seams.

the carriage returns;
i crumble.

HemingwaysDaughterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
thank you thank you you always have the nicest comments :3

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 19, 2013 at 11:55 am
It's been so long since I last read one of your work. Forgive me for that. Congrats on the Editors' choice. I love the imagery and emotion in this poem. (I think I say that a lot; but I mean it.) The onomonpia with the "drip-click-drip-click" makes the poem come to life. And the ending is sad and unfortunate...but marverlous, all at once. Well done.