Like a Butterfly This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I want to unzip your afflictions and overturn the multitude
Of bundled dreams, fold them neatly so you'll
Wear them the next day
Instead of leaving them to hang in a locked closet
Of your procrastination and self-
Deprivation,
And your open coat will reveal your glory,
And like a butterfly
You'll shed said afflictions and bothersome uncertainties
In favor of comfort in your
Own skin.

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:47 pm:
AWWWW! It's so sweet! I love the message and I adore your simile with the butterfly. Great job! :D This has to be one of my favourites from you now.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 15 at 4:11 pm:
dang, that was deep...vv XD

Sep. 15 at 4:11 pm:
as always Jade, your work stuns me. i am so envious of your ability to write. i have yet to work out what this poem means to me personally, but i have a feeling of...lets say 'completeness'  when i read it. it speaks to me, to my heart.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 15 at 6:16 pm :
wow, that's so cool. i love when poetry does that. thanks you guys :D

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 14 at 2:09 pm:
Beautiful simile. I feel like this poem is talking about life in general. How society veils our eyes with prejudices and afflictions. Causing people to masquerade themselves in a cacoon. I love how the speaker is empowering this other person. It feels motivating. Congrats on the Editors' Choice, Jade. You deserve it. —Mckay <3 XD