i am your fragment/you are my run-on This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i am your fragment
an unfinished thought
begun but unexplored
a fresh new idea
but that is all i am
the start of something new
an uncultured whimsy
with no end
an alpha with no omega

you are my run-on
your story never ends
inconstant and indifferent
moving rapidly from
one thought to the next
never bothered by the
disjointed fragments
you leave behind
you have your
ands buts ors nors fors yets
to excuse yourself

you make it seem like
we will unify to create
a clear sentence
eventually a coherent thought
a pulsing one
you stretch my premature limbs
to make me fit
into your story
but i am incomplete
and you move on
while i crawl to you

i was never
a part of you
i'd never complete you
and you'd never be
the happy ending
to my miserable beginning

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So incredibly original XD The imagery and personification just leaves me breathless. Congrats on the Editor's Choice award!

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 14 at 2:41 pm :
Whoa, this made the magazine without me noticing that? Gosh, I've missed so much. T.T A belated congratulations to you, my friend!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 16 at 9:26 pm :
thanks. belated thank u.

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Is it possible for me to marry this poem? I. Love. It. As always you expressed your thoughs effortlessly and I am left breathless.

Sept. 11, 2013 at 4:06 pm :
Well, you can marry it I guess. I mean, it's single and ready to mingle. XD Thanks you so much, Scar. I appreciate it when you read my poetry. Awesome-sauce. 

Scarlett_the_pegacornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 18, 2013 at 6:26 pm :
xD I absolutely love reading your poetry! I wish I had time to read more, but I usually only read it when I have a free period between classes. :/ it's freaking amazing and perfectly written by a perfectly perfect person.

Sept. 19, 2013 at 11:57 am :
^u^ Thanks so much, bridezilla. That means that world to me. I mean it. Not many people would take time to read the rambling of another person. Thank you thank you thank you. You're awesome-sauce. 

Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:42 pm :
People obviously take the time to read the rambling of another person. Example: Shakespeare. He's a legend and all he did was express himself. Yeah, I just compared you to Shakespeare. You're way better than him though. ;D

Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:09 pm :
*bows* Thank you, thank you, thank you. I doubt I'll ever be as great as he was and is. Nonetheless, my ego for now will accept your incredible comment. Thanks. ^u^

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I can't even deal with this. It's so lovely, so true, so real and raw that it makes me want to just curl into a ball and cry. Which is a good thing, because perfect poetry always makes me cry. This is spectacular; it gives that sensation of emotion that isn't faked, but comes from the deepest part of your marrow and wow. This line (you stretch my premature limbs/
to make me fit/
into your story/
but i am incomplete/
and you move on/
whi... (more »)

Sept. 9, 2013 at 6:09 pm :
I'm moved...truly touched by your incredibly kind words. They are so overwhelming that I just want to lock up myself like a hermit in my room and write more poems non-stop. Thank you, Ada, for all you encouraging words. Your feedback is a gift. Thank you.

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm :
You're welcome. This is one of those poems that makes me question my own existence. I cannot even do this -bawls tears of joy-

Sept. 10, 2013 at 4:22 pm :
Wow....really? Well, I think, you should question your existence. You should continue writing and living. *cries tears of joy and overwhelming gratitude*

Sept. 29, 2013 at 10:23 am :
lorde, i thought i'd replied to this. but i guess not. D: yes i mean what i say; i don't like to do word play :D you're a fabulous creature.

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 7, 2013 at 8:46 am:
This piece is very witty, flowing, and attention-grabbing. I really like this one Mckay, great job!

Sept. 9, 2013 at 5:53 pm :
ChrisJ, thank you. I mean it. Thank you. 

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Sept. 7, 2013 at 4:46 am:
Firstly. It has been far too long Mckay. Which is in part my fault I guess. Not in part, all of it :P Well, I should apologize. Sorry. Just life realy makes fools of us sometimes and I have these periods of time when my internet priveleges are taken away. So this was one of those times. Also I was sad and when I'm sad, I mostly make others sad too, so I was well off away.    Now, secondly I've looked at your profile and you've been getting quite the response. Totally de... (more »)

Sept. 9, 2013 at 5:48 pm :
Saphira, my how the ages have past. It's been so long. I was remembering one of these days how it had been forever. I though you were done with Teenink. Or at least with my work. Good to know that wasn't the reason, even though I feel bad that you were grounded. (By the way, how were your exams? Good results?) Thank you so much for taking the time to read this poem and decihpher it. And for taking the time to express your appreciation for it. Thank you, Dua. Means to universe to me. This... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Sept. 10, 2013 at 8:21 am :
Hhahaaahhaa, well let me tell you and calm you then that I'm never going to be done with TeenInk and I shall only ever stop posting stuff til in 2015 when I turn 20 ( sadly :P )  And well, exams were good, result is 2As in Physics and Computing and 1B in Maths. Which disappointed me a lot. But we have two more maths papers in A2 so I guess I can improve the result. Just pray for me.  Well I LOVEd reading it. So you're quite welcome. I had somewhat forgotten your kind words ... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Sept. 10, 2013 at 8:23 am :
Plus I kinda knew your name too, by the subcription thing so I thought it only fair that you knew mine :)

Sept. 10, 2013 at 4:21 pm :
Well, I'm very glad you're back. And happy to hear you did well on your exams. I'll be here for that same amount of time as well, I hope. Thank you, Dua, for all your kind words. I appreciate them, every one of them.