i am your fragment/you are my run-on This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i am your fragment
an unfinished thought
begun but unexplored
a fresh new idea
but that is all i am
the start of something new
an uncultured whimsy
with no end
an alpha with no omega

you are my run-on
your story never ends
inconstant and indifferent
moving rapidly from
one thought to the next
never bothered by the
disjointed fragments
you leave behind
you have your
ands buts ors nors fors yets
to excuse yourself

you make it seem like
we will unify to create
a clear sentence
eventually a coherent thought
a pulsing one
you stretch my premature limbs
to make me fit
into your story
but i am incomplete
and you move on
while i crawl to you

i was never
a part of you
i'd never complete you
and you'd never be
the happy ending
to my miserable beginning

Amai-kunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 12:07 am
Very well written, very smart, and felt like rather an inside joke meant to make grammar nerds feel emotion. Needless to say, I got it.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 8:06 pm
I hadn't thought about it that way. Now, I got it as well.... :) Thanks for reading, commenting, and enlightening me. ^u^

Amai-kunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 3:20 pm
You're very welcome. Thank you for commenting on my work as well :3

ElysiumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:19 am
this poem is perfection. it's just brimming with emotion, and i totally just got lost in the lines and started living an experience rather than just reading a poem. 6/5 stars. keep writing you have a gift.

I'm honored with your words. I'm enraptured that this little piece of me is a pleasure for people to read, even though I made it when I was feeling awful. Good things often do come from bad things. Thank you! I will continue to write as long as my fickle Muse remains active. 

HeatherOlivia said...
Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:42 am
This left me speechless. (total oxymoron because I have so much to say) Everything about this is amazing, I absolutely love it. One of my favourite poems ever; right up there with Yeats and Silverstein and Poe and Frost and Cummings. "You stretch my permature limbs / to make me fit / into your story." I'm quoting you now because that line is perfect.  This poem is perfect.

I'm so honored right now by your comment that I can't believe it. So honored truly. Thank you for reading. 

BrisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 22, 2014 at 6:07 am
I'm so glad this made it to the magazine, man. Great job :) it's deep and very clever

I'm happy too. Thank you, Brisa!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really unique and creative. I love everything about this XD

Belated thanks, pimp. 

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Everytime I read your work I just love your writing even more. That's all I can say about this. Really good job.

Then, please, please, please, read more for more of that love. Thank you so so so much. Truly appreciate it. 

mynameisnothabib said...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:56 am
This is so good! I absolutely love your writing!

Thank you!! I feel honored. 

ChrisTid7 said...
You never cease to amaze me and this work is amazing. As a fellow grammar nerd, I love this and wish it was my poem, haha! Great job!!!

HAHAHAHA. There are plenty of poems I wish were mine but belong to other far more talented writers. Nice to know someone feels that way about this poem. Thanks so much. You've made my day. :)

ROYCEPHUSThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 28, 2013 at 12:59 am
Just your neighborhood admirer stopping by to say this poem is AWESOME! :D

Thank you, neighbor. In that case, I invite you again around this neighborhood. Means so much that a talented writer as yourself would think this poem is "AWESOME! :D". 감사합니다 (Hope that makes sense. XD)

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Beautiful.  I love how you made the run-on and the sentence fragments physical characters.